Fresh from Cuba Sir Winston

Was offered a TRU Jun '17  box of Sir Winnies today.

Can anyone verify the Code?

Claim is they were picked up last month in Cuba.

"Several" boxes were purchased.

if you have ANY recent codes direct from Cuba, please share them.

I've heard rumors the codes were changed in June..reliable rumors but rumors nonetheless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

I have a host of them coming in 10 days. Will let you know then. 

27 minutes ago, Islandboy said:

Best answer yet.

Such good news! Now if only a host of Esplendidos were to come along (and soon)! :P :D

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

I have a host of them coming in 10 days. Will let you know then. 

What day is clearance day?

• 2 months later...

These are getting tough to find in Havana at the moment. Only saw one shop with any openly for sale, which means that there are probably less than 50 boxes left around town. These are still available but anyone who is concerned should be picking them up now. I think these will be back to scarce by Q2 2018. 

49 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

These are getting tough to find in Havana at the moment. Only saw one shop with any openly for sale, which means that there are probably less than 50 boxes left around town. These are still available but anyone who is concerned should be picking them up now. I think these will be back to scarce by Q2 2018.:shead:

Strange, I was under the impression that Sir Winston were everywhere in Havana, and by serious quantity, in every LCDH.

On Nov 9 there were 17 boxes of SW at the Habana Libre, yes I actually counted. Other locations had around 5-10 boxes each from what I saw (almost every store we hit had it in stock). Heading out of Varadero on the 13th there were about 5-7 boxes at the store in the airport. Having said that the dates I was there were right before the festival so they could have been picked clean by mid-week. 

Also, all the boxes were Jun/Jul, mainly Jun. I don't remember the factory code though.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ebhead said:

On Nov 9 there were 17 boxes of SW at the Habana Libre, yes I actually counted. Other locations had around 5-10 boxes each from what I saw (almost every store we hit had it in stock). Heading out of Varadero on the 13th there were about 5-7 boxes at the store in the airport. Having said that the dates I was there were right before the festival so they could have been picked clean by mid-week. 

Also, all the boxes were Jun/Jul, mainly Jun. I don't remember the factory code though.

Wow, there must have been a serious grab between the 13th and 18th. I only saw more than 3 or 4 boxes at the old RyJ factory. I'm sure that every place still has some still in the back but as far as out in the open they're getting scarcer. 

7 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Wow, there must have been a serious grab between the 13th and 18th. I only saw more than 3 or 4 boxes at the old RyJ factory. I'm sure that every place still has some still in the back but as far as out in the open they're getting scarcer. 

Perhaps it is because you went to a factory instead of an LCDH. Every single LCDH and even Hotel Nacionale had at least a dozen boxes of Sir Winston's on the shelf, even on the 17th. The one that seemed difficult to procure was Siglo VI. 

1 hour ago, mk05 said:

Perhaps it is because you went to a factory instead of an LCDH. Every single LCDH and even Hotel Nacionale had at least a dozen boxes of Sir Winston's on the shelf, even on the 17th. The one that seemed difficult to procure was Siglo VI. 

While there were plenty of LCDHs I didn't go to I went to at least 6 or 7 of them. I did not happen go to the LCDH in the Nacional. I know for a fact that a lot of people came in on the 11th and 12th right before the festival scouting hard for things and this was corroborated as I was told many times lots of stuff had sold a day or two prior and many boxes were bought by single buyers.

I also didn't see any Siglo VI 25s but I did see petacas. Siglo V was nonexistent and IV only petacas. A few Siglo III 25s but tons of I & II everywhere. No Piramides, Lanceros or Esplendidos 25s but some Coronas Especiales 25s were around.

It's possible that you missed them since the stacks were usually kept away in their own corners, not shelved together with marca. Many people commented to me on how plentiful they were throughout the week. Judging by the volumes present in Havana, I am guessing that distributors will be receiving stock soon, so you will see them at vendors in a couple weeks or so. All will be well, no need to panic; and, if you miss it, always another year.