Factory codes

Question

is there a listing for current factory codes on this site?  Thanks in advance. Sorry if I missed  it. I have looked but have not been able to locate it

For most codes up until 2012 there's this:

After 2012, only El Laguito, La Corona and HU are really known with any degree of certainty. For those:

LUB and MEG are HU from 14-17

MUO and AMO are El Laguito from 14-17

EML and TOS are La Corona from 14-17

• Like 2

11 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

After 2012, only El Laguito, La Corona and HU are really known with any degree of certainty. For those:

LUB and MEG are HU from 14-17

MUO and AMO are El Laguito from 14-17

EML and TOS are La Corona from 14-17

To add, ULA and ETP is Partagas for that period (with a switch Feb/Mar 2016)

• Like 1

I have been receiving outstanding boxes of HUPC from here with a TOS factory code.  Wonder who that is?  I'm guessing that even as production is winding down, the PC is being made in more than one factory?

• 5 months later...

I have read that the Cohiba Talisman is supposed to be rolled in the El Laugito factory.  A reviewer of the Talisman mentioned their box code being BRE.  However, recent 24:24s show H. Upmann Number 2's listed as BRE. 

Would you assume El Laugito rolls some Upmanns  or that BRE (and in this case some Talisman) are not El Laugito?

7 hours ago, Kbb said:

I have read that the Cohiba Talisman is supposed to be rolled in the El Laugito factory.  A reviewer of the Talisman mentioned their box code being BRE.  However, recent 24:24s show H. Upmann Number 2's listed as BRE. 

Would you assume El Laugito rolls some Upmanns  or that BRE (and in this case some Talisman) are not El Laugito?

Talisman being rolled all over currently getting ready for the festival, etc

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, GotaCohiba said:

Are all Espendidos rolled at El Laguito?

My MUO Ago 14 Esplendidos were but certain Cohiba stock has been a bit 'thin on the ground' in recent times (e.g. Siglo VI, 25 count boxes of Lanceros and Esplendidos etc.) so I've picked up some 3-count packs in the last year with factory codes RUM and MOL.

On 3/18/2018 at 3:41 AM, GotaCohiba said:

Are all Espendidos rolled at El Laguito?

No they are not. Generally the few Esplendido in boxes I saw in 2017 were generally from EL. MUL is not an EL code. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, GotaCohiba said:

Reason I ask is the ones I just received are MUL 

Not El Laguito. But nothing to worry about either.

By far not everything 'Laguito' is gold. EL as being the "one and only" is not holding much substance if you ask me. Its all about the management of factories, QC and their respective production output, etc.. And it's periodical. What's been good once can be sub-par next run / next month / next year. There are top rollers there, as there are top rollers elsewhere - even at certain provincial factories.

Check the box not the code.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Not sure on the years, I have had luck with TEB and OSU; which ones are those?

Partagas. OSU reaching back to 2000. TEB coded production (in partic. Boli) is getting much love from members here.

• Thanks 1

Partagas. OSU reaching back to 2000. TEB coded production (in partic. Boli) is getting much love from members here.

“Check the box not the code.”

Simple yet great advice! I honestly can’t emphasize this enough. I’ve had some very, very good boxes from EL (especially construction-wise), but don’t get me wrong - most of my most prized boxes are not from El Laguito, or even other well-known factories for that matter (Partagas, La Corona, H. Upmann, etc). The quality of the contents wins out every time. “Enjoy the journey” is paramount!

Cheers.
BG