Western Med Cruise - with 3 mules

Hey all,

So, like topic suggests, We're going on a med cruise (april) with another couple. I'm the only cigar person (well, the other guy may have the odd one, but he's not a buyer).

SOOOOooooo..... I need some of the expert advice this site is known for.

Cruise stops:

Rome (Start), Pisa, Monaco, Barcelona, Gibraltar, Portugal, Le Havre, Southampton.

Naturally I'm bringing my traveldor (loaded with sticks for smoking), and t I'm looking to find the best selection / prices. 

Hoping to come back with 200 sticks of beauty!

Cheers,

19 minutes ago, Shaunster said:

Gibraltar will be by far the best. Its a cigar haven. Have a look the shop is called stagnettos.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Just looked there - prices are higher than FOH? 

In Barcelona stop by Gimeno Tabac. 100 Ramblas. As you're walking up the Rambla it's about halfway up on the right. Make sure you ask to go downstairs and check out the cava. Good service. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 99call said:

This is good advice, especially as you can go directly across the Ramblas, and lose yourself in the food odyssey which is 'La Boqueria' market,  There are little stands in there which will cook you fish super fresh  'a la plancha'.   Enjoy!

seafood plate in La Boqueria Barcelona, Barcelona car hire.jpg

agree with both the cigar store and boq! a wonderful place.

reminds me to post about the best ever food/culture book...

• Like 1

Groucho

first ... a warning ... don't expect to find anything in Spain or Italy open on a Sunday .

in gibraltar

stagnetto's and say hi to Loren for me .

if you need stags phone number to pre order ... let me know .

barcelona

gimenos was okay and easy to find ... if you are going to find cigars "on sale" in Barca it will be here (it happens from time to time)

l'estanc de laietana... better than gimenos ... and not too hard to find

estanc duaso ... best in Barca that I visited ... a few boxes of older smokes

derrek

Don't know about Gibraltar, never bought cigars there , but when it comes to cigars in Europe Spain is one f the cheapest and the selection is fairly good. also Italy is not bad and they have La Casa del Habano in Milan don't know if there is one in Rome as well, worth a visit if there is.

However if you're after rare cigars then London is you're best bet, but expect to pay 3 to 4 folds what you pay in Spain.

Was in Barcelona recently and managed to find few rare singles buy looking around in few shops, BHK 54, and found few Monticristo 80th anniversary, in a shop on La Rambla, the Monticristo 80th anniversary is one of the best cigars I have tried, imagine  in London it sells for £63, and in Barcelona its for €22.

5 hours ago, dvickery said:

Groucho

first ... a warning ... don't expect to find anything in Spain or Italy open on a Sunday .

in gibraltar

stagnetto's and say hi to Loren for me .

if you need stags phone number to pre order ... let me know .

barcelona

gimenos was okay and easy to find ... if you are going to find cigars "on sale" in Barca it will be here (it happens from time to time)

l'estanc de laietana... better than gimenos ... and not too hard to find

estanc duaso ... best in Barca that I visited ... a few boxes of older smokes

derrek

Thanks derrek - we're at sea on the sunday, so no worries there. 

I wouldn't know what to pre-order at stags - unless I can lay my mitts on some reasonably priced behikes or cohiba lanceros?

Cheers,