Who here vapes?

I have great mates who enjoy a vape although it holds no attraction to myself. 

It is certainly the boom business in the "smoking industry".  

If you are a vaper let us know how it fits into your life. Is it a means to meet a nicotine habit or is at an avenue of enjoyment. is it both?

I can't picture myself firing up the following however. If my vaping brothers have tried something similar, let me know how it panned out :thumbsup:

who vapes.JPG

• Like 1

I read in the paper today that the British Government has just endorsed vaping as a means to encourage people to quit smoking cigarettes.

I was nodding in appreciation of the wisdom of this decision when I dropped ash all down myself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I started vaping in 2013. Definitely just a means to get nicotine without (near as much of) the harmful effects of cigarettes. I smoked for 15 yrs and the moment I got my first vape pen I put the ciggy's down. I spent the first year or so trying to find a cigarette replacement. Something that had that burning tobacco taste, but there is no such thing. Little did I know the best replacement was in cigar form :D

I would be willing to bet the Cuban vape tastes nothing like the real thing and more than likely a waste of money. I'll stick to my blueberry donut juice!

• Like 1

Thought about it as a way to give up cigarettes but because this country is so F. en backwards you can but the vape gear but cannot buy juice here that contains nicotine (it’s illegal ?) 

which sort of surprises me as governments here aren’t slow to tax the shit out of something Cigars being a good point in question 

• Like 1

I vape daily, but I don't do it around many people. I started vaping to quit dipping snuff (Copenhagen, Skoal) several years ago and stuck with it because it's hopefully less harmful. 

I do it for the nicotine, not for ritual or for pleasure. When I'm stressed, I use it. When I'm not, I don't. I use the most basic  bland juice I can find and have never tried a fruity or tobacco flavored juice that I liked. I'm gearing up to throw the thing in the trash and not look back, but haven't done it yet. I don't like the idea of needing a crutch. 

My (almost) daily cigar, if only a small Cohiba Short or Partagas Chicos, is my ritual and pleasure. It's a completely different experience for me than vaping. I usually smoke late at night, the last thing before bed, sort of a happy ending to  a hopefully good day. The vape gets left behind and the humidor gets cracked open. Now THAT'S the good stuff.

I quit smoking cigs 11 years ago, i am pretty lucky because i am never tempted to start again even when i'm around cigs smokers. I never tried vaping and i'm not interested in doing so. I'll stick (no pun intended) to cigars.

• Like 3

I got into vaping a few years ago as i was sick of the ciggy habit and it was supposed to be a lot less expensive.  

I spent a lot of money on vaping lol  as i tend to get obsessive about things. Always new devices tanks and juices to try. Basically have stopped vaping.  I dont smoke cigs either.  But i did find nasal snuff which is dirt cheap and does the trick for me for the most part.

Personally (and I mean no offense to anybody, here), I find vaping a bit obnoxious - every toke results in comically-large, billowing clouds of saccharin-smelling smoke that permeate the immediate area, causing many to assume a new pope has been chosen and He smells like a donut.  And since it's vapor and not smoke, lots of people (typically millennials in my city) are much more brazen in where they partake. Restaurants, public buildings, grocery stores, hell, I regularly see clowns take a big rip, and then get on a public bus, exhaling their hipster fumes into a crowded, confined space.

I'm a cigar smoker (obviously), so I don't know if that gives more credit or less to my opinion, but it actually makes me long for the days when people would walk down the street/wait for the bus with a simple cigarette.

The real point of interest for me pertains to the health risks associated with heating and inhaling the metal elements; the cheapest vape pens are made in China and their alloys are not exactly thought to be the purest expressions of themselves. Weren't some tools made from Chinese steel in the 90s found to contain quantifiable amounts of radioactive metals?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ken Gargett said:

someone has to ask. what the hell is vaping? sounds disgusting.

Vaping = Using a vaporizer to heat small amount of liquid (typically vegatable glycerin/propylene glycol) that has nicotine (or THC/CBD) and flavoring dissolved in it into vapor to inhale it. It "tastes good" and carries a buzz (either nicotine or THC). 

I recommend you mute this video, but here is the idea.

Used to be called e-cigarettes, but "vaping" sounds more hip I suppose.

17 minutes ago, JamesKPolkEsq said:

Vaping = Using a vaporizer to heat small amount of liquid (typically vegatable glycerin/propylene glycol) that has nicotine (or THC/CBD) and flavoring dissolved in it into vapor to inhale it. It "tastes good" and carries a buzz (either nicotine or THC). 

I recommend you mute this video, but here is the idea.

Used to be called e-cigarettes, but "vaping" sounds more hip I suppose.

thanks

so, disgusting it is, then. still, each tot their own.

I think like everything else in life, there are extremes. A lot of people who have been smoking cigarettes for 20+ years have used vaping to quit. Then there are these, borderline retarded, kids who make a competition out of blowing the biggest "clouds". It's like cigar smokers who refuse to smoke anything that costs less than $100/stick. There's those that you agree with and those you don't.

It's like the wild wild west of the 1800's. No regulation and no accountability. I used one for a year or so and was able to quit using smokeless tobacco. Still ended up entering the cigar world, but it's different. I don't smoke cigars because I'm itching and dying for a "fix", it's pure enjoyment. Kinda like how I love good whiskey and scotch, but I'm not an alcoholic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Vaping stopped me smoking cigarettes (or rather the small Dutch cigars that followed cigs) and I still vape. Yep, is for the nicotine and the flavours (currently on rhubarb and custard ) and having smoked cigarettes for most of my life I'm happy with the compromise. I've got a decent set up, not cheap, but I don't do the big cloud thing and don't fill enclosed spaces with the stuff. I've tried cigar flavours and they are universally disgusting!
I do have a friend who has a vape that is shaped like a traditional pipe that he likes to bring out for meetings 'so I can point at things with it...'

Thunder & Lightening '75-'15

I quit smoking with a vape 2 years ago, never looked back. I don't use the vape any more as I no longer have any cravings for cigarettes or vaping. I'd recommend it as a quit smoking tool, but never found it was something I enjoyed all that much.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Recent trip to Italy I finally succumbed to peer pressure and tried it.. My partners good friend owns a shop that sells them.

She had I think a 3 or so week head start on me to Italy? By the time I arrived she was already very cool indeed with her vape.

I've denounced it and refused many times.. But finding myself the skippy in the Italian shop it was rude to continuously decline..

They were all shocked I didn't cough at all.. I was shocked how horrendously sweet almost every flavour was..

I kind of likened it to a cross between a lollypop and a hookah for hipsters..

Naturally I mentioned I was surprised.. if not scarred.. how sweet and candy orientated the flavors I tried were..

Before I could finish explaining out came the Cuban Cigar Vape Juice.. What can I say? It was nothing like a Cigar at all.. It was certainly far less sweet.. And different.. But still nothing that reminded me of a cigar.. more of a spice and leather type flavour..

Anyway.. I think I tried it once more after that while still in Italy.. As the Mrs was quite fond of it while there..

Personally I'm either going to have a cigar.. or if I'm after "that kind" of experience.. I'll set up my hookah.. Hookah hasn't been out in like 3 years.. probably wont be for a long time longer. :P

I used a vape to quit cigarettes and kept it up for a year because I enjoying it. Finding the right juice that wasn't too sweet the challenge.

I rate the UK for having the foresight to see it as a practical harm minimisation tool. Unsurprisingly Oz continues with the fussy, indignant, paternal approach of banning and tut tutting. 

I was a regular dipper for almost 15 years.  I also enjoyed smoking cigerettes from time to time, anything to get my nicotine fix.  I knew I had to cut back on the dipping and picking up cigs wasnt the best alternative either.  I started vaping in an attempt to get off the nicotine.  At first, all I ended up doing was throwing in a dip and then vaping with it in.  I eventually figured out that the "normal" nicotine levels of the juice I was getting just didnt match up to that nicotine rush you get from chewing tobacco.  I had to search around but eventually found some juice makers that make high octane nicotine content.  Once I figured that out, I was finally able to curb my nicotine cravings.  Over the next 2 years, I slowly reduced my nicotine levels every few months till I got to the point that it wasnt the nicotine I was craving, it was just the comfort of smoking something. At that point, I just gave it all up and was done!!!  Of course, I still enjoy the cigar world or I wouldnt be here and the occasional hookah session as well.  

17 hours ago, earthson said:

every toke results in comically-large, billowing clouds of saccharin-smelling smoke that permeate the immediate area, causing many to assume a new pope has been chosen and He smells like a donut.

:rotfl:  (spot on!)