Does your cigar selection change much due to change of seasons?

Spring or Autumn is here. 

Locally the temps go up to 38 degrees C this weekend and so I put away my Partagas 898V /Magnum 46 and pull out the Fonseca 1, El Rey Del Mundo Choix Supreme, Monte 1 etal. 

Does your selection change much between summer and winter? Mine certainly does.  Shorter "fresher/fruitier" cigars are on the menu come summer. As our local winter is so mild, that is the time for the larger, heavier cigars. 

So describe to us how your selection changes during seasons (if it does at all). What are your prime summer / winter cigars? :thumbsup:

Summer is really hot here in So Fla so 20 min smokes are in order. 

Transitioning to cooler weather is the time to relax and hang out outside for as long as you want. 

Cant wait to try the Monte 80th I got from you!

Tarpon on fly in the summer, DC's in the winter. 

LoveFla

All of my smoking is done inside in my man cave, so weather is no longer an issue.  If not for that, I would be smoking shorter smokes in the heat of the summer, and in the coldest winter months.  The only difference in the seasonality of my smokes is football season.  I save my double coronas and churchills for football games on tv. 

I'm 10 minutes from the cigar bar. I prefer winter so I can go there to comfortable, but I'm less than a year into smoking cigars regularly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Guest Nekhyludov

In the winter, I typically have to drive 45 minutes to a cigar lounge to have a smoke, so I tend to smoke more big cigars - churchills and DCs. Can't just duck outside for a quick 45 minute PC in the cold weather.

I burn down in my barn/shop with the dogs and satellite radio (life if good). The summer is 1000% humidity and 1000 degrees. For 5 months. We did get a nice respite while we were sandwiched between the two hurricanes that were pummeling Texas and Florida (north wind, low humidity). I don't change my choice of smokes, but I do vary the amount. During the week of 'early fall' due to the hurricanes, I was burning 3 sticks a day. This past week, only 1. October is coming and that is when things get nice, real nice. Looking forward to not sweating while herfing, and more importantly, not having the RH of my stick increase by 20% from the time I bring it outside until it is halfway burned.

Big Al

• Like 1

Smoke inside or out, home or about all year long. As such not really any seasonal smokes, more what strikes my fancy at the time.

Ha a very loaded question!  Where I live winter can be  a bitch.  Even though I have only been smoking about less than ten

years I have found that cigars can be matched to the dictates of "mother nature" and climate.  Where I live we have four seasons

(northeast / New England) and that dictates what you smoke in a way pertaining to outdoor smoking.

.Long skinniers and coronas work very well in summer and spring.  But fall and winter are another matter when smoking outdoors.

Short, large RG smokes are the order of the day when smoking outdoors in winter.  I'm an OSP engineer so I work out doors year

round so when smoking at a site in winter I have to be outside when it is below 32 below freezing a long skinny or corona just

can't take the outside temp.  So Petit Edmondo, church shorts, HMD #2, Cohiba thick gauged but not to long are the order

of the winter days.  Desperate measures  call for desperate solutions smokes like the Hupmann half corona and the like

work well outdoors in extreme conditions.  Remember cold weather is the bain of cigars smoked out doors

that are not thick and stought enough (aka, coronas and the like) to withstand the elements of the northeast winter or

"old man winter"  as we say!

I get a fair amount of indoor smoking year round, plus the local environment is pretty temperate year round.  For me the switch out happens when traveling to hot and humid SE Asia in the summer months.  When smoking outdoors I shift down to exclusively corona gordas and PC's, to avoid humidity problems with plugs and wonky burns.  Can't say it helps much, but I keep trying.  I also used to include sticks I knew to be lightly filled, like the Partagas Series E #2, which always drew well despite its size.  However it gets so damn hot that I'm mostly forced indoors and then it doesn't matter if I'm smoking churchills or DC's, they all work.

I smoke in the man cave where I have all the comforts. We built a barn with stables, garages and living quarters so I have air in the summer and heat in the winter and can watch football! I am really into the Churchill, double corona stogies at this time. Nice break is a PC from time to time.

In general I switch to shorter cigars for the winter.  When its time to go to the garage and its -20, I'd rather finish sooner than later.  However, in general I find the cigars just don't taste the same for me in the winter.  I prefer the taste of cigars on hot, humid days.

• Like 1

Winter smoking inside with a window open, by a fire place with a beautiful fire going. Smell free with a spray afterwards.

Summer outside in the garden or poolside. In the city at our condo, on the balcony. Park across the street.

In other words, no, season does not change smoke selection. As long as it is wonderful.

CB

Bigger cigars in fall and winter because I have time. I've been known to watch football on Sunday with a Partagas Lusitania.

I don't have a change, I can smoke in the He Man Woman Haters club room in my house, so cigar size is a non issue.   

And although I can and do smoke inside, I find smoking outside more enjoyable...  because I'm outside.   :)