crocs heading south

8 minutes ago, MIKA27 said:

Yeah, I no longer trust Rivers anywhere here in Australia.

If I cant see the bottom where I'm swimming, forget it. :)

take a look at this pic and then wonder whether yours is a good policy!!

http://photography.nationalgeographic.com/nature-photographer-of-the-year-2017/gallery/week-1-wildlife/3

Yes, I stand by my policy mate. If you're referring to the picture with the Croc and the green water...

Long gone are the days where I'd spend weeks camping and swimming in Freshwater rivers here.Don't know why, perhaps paranoid, but things have changed over the past 30+ years.

11 minutes ago, vladdraq said:

i heard if you poke his eyes he'll run away anyways, green water or clean, you hold him with your left arm and as fast as you can bang bang in his eyes (with your right arm of course) , i did this once with a drunk fella. It works i can tell you

Only problem is that a drunk fella doesn't bite half your torso off while you're poking him :D

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, vladdraq said:

heard if you poke his eyes he'll run away anyways, green water or clean, you hold him with your left arm and as fast as you can bang bang in his eyes (with your right arm of course) , i did this once with a drunk fella. It works i can tell you

Okay.  How much do you have to drink to try and poke and alligator in the eye?  Imagine hearing those instructions while trying to join a Frat.

in the late 40s/early 50s, the old man and mates used to go up to 1770 and Agnes Waters to fish (would have been wild back then). he would tell tales of the crocs around there then and how they cried at night.

they've been seen in the Pin just south of Brizzy and a big one around Fraser last week. they will, sadly, become a major problem before long.

as for poking it in the eye, good luck poking that five metre one with anything.

• Like 3