CrankYanker

I started out with 20 qt gasket Sterlite tupperdors. I filled those two up rather quickly with boxes and sticks. I have started another one which is 50 qt (just started this week).

Right now I have some good data for the smaller two. When I received the tupperdors from Amazon I splish splashed them with water then put them outside for 36 to 48 hours. Brought them inside to the basement. I put a Boveda pack in one at 65% and then put a 62% one in another.  I calibrated the SensorPush temp and rh% gadget. Found here: [mention=79]PigFish[/mention]'s topic about temp and rh% and water content I wanted to try to get these up to 70 degrees. Took them up to a closet and the temps really fluctuated. I ended up moving these back down to the basement because I had better luck with stable temps. Now I can't get the rh% down on these tupperdors. 

I am trying to find ways to bring the moisture out. [mention=30206]BellevilleMXZ[/mention] recommended unscented kitty litter. 

I have researched a lot bit. Just looking for some advice on my specific problems.

My questions:

* Is the RH going up due to more boxes going in and they need time to settle down?

* Would RH beads work? If so what is recommended?

* Would the kitty litter trick help?

Here is a month and the last week recap on these tupperdors. 

be689e1716cec941081ac16fc68d0c27.jpg

69f7a4486e78d6360a69844a2d4bb769.jpg

4ca98d09a03ab5b9f035ebf38273b5fe.jpg

2445ccde04a7c1b08bb78bb7a02eb41b.jpg

18bd15ecf4792830a92f07b2b5db3da9.jpg

Update.  The 62% big box was up to 64% and the other two were up 2 to 3%.  Left the lids off for a couple of hours and the RH% came back down.  Will monitor them in the next couple of days all sealed up again.  Did add in some kitty litter and it didn't help.

Any expertise would be much appreciated. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2017 at 2:47 PM, Santiago said:

Once the bovedas dry out a bit they’ll absorb the extra humidity from the air. When they’re brand new they won’t be able to absorb excess moisture. 

+1 on the above

You could get some Beads at 62% and 65% respectively and put them in the containers dry.

Once the humidity reads about right, replace the beads with you Bovedas and you should be good to go.