Unoffical FOH Houston Area Herf

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gentleman, allow me to extend an invitation to all of you for the Unoffical Houston area Friends of Habanos Pre Holiday Herf.  Through the generosity of @Shikar we will have access to Embajodores Fine

You would be amazed at the motley crew of reprobates, scalawags and ne'er-do-wells that show up when you put an open invitation up on the net!  The drinking got a bit out of hand early and turned ugly

Nailed it.

Dang, I'm not available for the 17th, but I hope this can become a monthly or quarterly thing, because I'd sure love to make one of these.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, scap99 said:

Dang, I'm not available for the 17th, but I hope this can become a monthly or quarterly thing, because I'd sure love to make one of these.

I would be in for that as well

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, scap99 said:

Using the lounge for a regular meeting is likely not an option.  However a small group of us occasionally meet at Roegels Barbaque Co to eat and smoke.  There is a semi private area in back which is open air but fenced off with a 6 foot wooden fence.  Russell allows us to smoke back there and bring in liquor.  The only issue is that it is not very fun to sit out there and smoke during our Houston summers.  That said we are coming up on the few cool months of the year and Roegels should be a legitimate option for a herf through April.  

• Like 1

@SignalJoe - this looks wonderful and thank you for the efforts in putting it together....and thank you to @Shikar  

Like a few others, I will not be able to attend that night as I will be traveling.  I sincerely hope we try and do something like this again after the New Year.  I am much more flexible then. 

Hope you get a group together and this happens.....if so, you guys have a blast!

• Like 1

ZAAAAAAM...... Having out-of town company, so I won't be able to make it this time. Enjoy it, Gentlemen :cigar::cigar:

• Like 1

On 10/24/2017 at 5:55 PM, shaffer22 said:

Would love to attend, but I will be out of town. Enjoy!

On 10/24/2017 at 9:04 PM, scap99 said:

On 10/25/2017 at 3:22 PM, CooGAR said:

@SignalJoe - this looks wonderful and thank you for the efforts in putting it together....and thank you to @Shikar  

Like a few others, I will not be able to attend that night as I will be traveling.  I sincerely hope we try and do something like this again after the New Year.  I am much more flexible then. 

Hope you get a group together and this happens.....if so, you guys have a blast!

@shaffer22 @scap99 @CooGAR Truly sorry you gentleman won't be able to make it.  I will keep you posted on future get togethers. 

On 10/24/2017 at 7:53 PM, jsavoie88 said:

Gene,

I cannot tell you how awesome this is! A huge thanks to you,@Shikar, and Russel.

Unfortunately, there's a concert in town that we purchased tickets to back in March.

Y'all have fun and smoke one for me!

-Joe

Joe, I have a large number of cigars with your name on them the next time we meet up.  

On 10/24/2017 at 5:51 PM, WoadyCypress said:

I'll have to look at my hunting calendar, if there is no conflict I'll be there. Thanks for putting this together!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I hope your schedule allows you to join us.  

On 10/24/2017 at 8:42 PM, Arinjit said:

This is great. I just moved to Houston and was looking to reach out to the area cigar lounges. I will be in London that week, but hope to be back by 17th morning. If so, would love to join and meet some of the fellow members.

I hope things work out and you are able to attend.  It is always a pleasure to meet fellow cigar smokers.  

On 10/24/2017 at 8:48 PM, WhiteMamba said:

looks like a fun time. I’ll bring a bottle of something.

Look forward to meeting you. 

On 10/24/2017 at 10:10 PM, ChanceSchmerr said:

@khomeinist is in the Houston area as well....

He is of course invited and we would love for him to join us.  The people I tagged are those I am aware of who live in the Houston area.  The invitation is open to anyone who cares to join us.  

43 minutes ago, Benzopyrene said:

I'm actually off that week( as I take it off to attend partagas festival which never seems to happen), and haven't met many if any of you all, so I will plan on being there. On the calendar. Cheers!

Looking forward to meeting you.  I actually meant to tag you but managed to misspell your username on my list of Houston area members, my apologies.   

I look forward to meeting you all through the wonderful haze of good cigar smoke.

Thanks for putting it together.

Regards.

Couldn't arrange the early flight back and now will not be back in time to join. Sucks, but hopefully there is another opportunity to meet some fellow enthusiasts in Houston. Thanks for putting this together and hope you all have a great time. 

3 hours ago, Arinjit said:

Couldn't arrange the early flight back and now will not be back in time to join. Sucks, but hopefully there is another opportunity to meet some fellow enthusiasts in Houston. Thanks for putting this together and hope you all have a great time. 

Well that is disappointing to hear.  I will definitely let you know about plans in the future.   

As it stands we have 6 confirmed and 3 maybes.  Again anyone who cares to join us is welcome.  I would imagine there are some members in the Houston area who are lurking or those in the surrounding who care to make the drive.  By all means join us.  Should be a good time.  

Gentleman, allow me to extend an invitation to all of you for the Unoffical Houston area Friends of Habanos Pre Holiday Herf.  Through the generosity of [mention=21408]Shikar[/mention] we will have access to Embajodores Fine Cigars lounge on the evening of November 17th  starting at 6:30 PM.  
The lounge is located at 1141 Uptown Park Blvd., Suite 04 in Houston, Texas.  
All Houston area FOH members are invited to attend.  Feel free to bring your own Habanos.  Alcohol is permitted and those attending are encouraged to bring their preferred fire water.  As a courtesy to the lounge owner please be prepared to buy a non Cuban cigar from the humidor.
I am working with my friend Russell Roegels of Roegels Barbeque Co to provide food for the event.  We tried hard to find a date that would not conflict with any college or pro football events as well as any upcoming World Series games.  I hope this provides enough advance notice to allow for those interested in attending to fit it in to their schedules.  It should be a fun event and will serve as a great opportunity to meet fellow Houston area FOH members, put a face to the screen name, share a few cigars and trade tall tales as we Texans are known to do.     
DATE: November 17, 2017
TIME: 6:30 PM
PLACE: Embajodores Fine Cigars
              1141 Uptown Park Blvd., Suite 04 Houston, Texas
[mention=12253]Dozerhead[/mention] [mention=16459]boopdeep[/mention] [mention=30626]WoadyCypress[/mention] [mention=29254]scap99[/mention] [mention=7010]Scardinoz[/mention] [mention=17232]david8017[/mention] [mention=29631]mdinius[/mention] [mention=19858]CooGAR[/mention] [mention=28763]WhiteMamba[/mention] [mention=29692]rxavier1979[/mention] [mention=4818]BEVOSREVENGE[/mention] [mention=28657]jsavoie88[/mention] [mention=558]Fatshotbud[/mention] 

Images of the lounge:  
Embajadores_1.thumb.jpg.972861081f73027141c90c26df714ed3.jpg
Embajadores_6.thumb.jpg.c55dac90f3b0b085c5964c220c367e06.jpg
Embajadores_3.thumb.jpg.6f8056987f34718127440f5cdba98d80.jpg
DSC_3246_47_48_49_50_tonemapped.thumb.jpg.f1695b2f42d41c25d891f454f7293e62.jpg

Can a Dallasite attend? Is it still open?

I’ll be down near Houston-way and I would love to attend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Baktun9 said:

Can a Dallasite attend? Is it still open?

I’ll be down near Houston-way and I would love to attend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the proviso that you are limited to 3 Dallas Cowboys references max, you are more than welcome to attend.