Unoffical FOH Houston Area Herf

3 minutes ago, Baktun9 said:

Well, I can do one better! How bout none!

Very good! See y’all then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy to have you sir!  That brings the confirmed attendees to 7.  Should be a great evening!  

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gentleman, allow me to extend an invitation to all of you for the Unoffical Houston area Friends of Habanos Pre Holiday Herf.  Through the generosity of @Shikar we will have access to Embajodores Fine

You would be amazed at the motley crew of reprobates, scalawags and ne'er-do-wells that show up when you put an open invitation up on the net!  The drinking got a bit out of hand early and turned ugly

Nailed it.

Just a friendly reminder that the Herf is this Friday.  Any and all FOH members in the area, travelling through or who care to make the drive are more than welcome to join us.  

Just a friendly reminder that the Herf is this Friday.  Any and all FOH members in the area, travelling through or who care to make the drive are more than welcome to join us.  
I am on call 24/7 but looking good to make it at present time!
BUD

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I stopped by Spec's today to buy some fire water for the festivities.  A little TX blended whiskey appropriately dressed in festive garb and a little known but spectacular Puerto Rican rum for those who enjoy rum with their smokes.  

20171114_152621.jpg

5 hours ago, Fatshotbud said:

I am on call 24/7 but looking good to make it at present time!
BUD

Looking forward to meeting you Bud!  

Alright folks as of now we have 7 people who are planning to attend.   If any else who was tentative is planning on showing up please let me know.  This way we can ensure we have enough BBQ to go around.  

@WoadyCypress  @khomeinist  Hoping your schedules will allow you to attend.  

@Weaponiz'd1 If you care to make the drive we would love to have you join us.  

Please let me know, I will be picking up the food Friday afternoon just prior to the herf.  

Alright folks as of now we have 7 people who are planning to attend.   If any else who was tentative is planning on showing up please let me know.  This way we can ensure we have enough BBQ to go around.  

[mention=30626]WoadyCypress[/mention]  [mention=6353]khomeinist[/mention]  Hoping your schedules will allow you to attend.  

[mention=31029]Weaponiz'd1[/mention] If you care to make the drive we would love to have you join us.  

Please let me know, I will be picking up the food Friday afternoon just prior to the herf.  
Unfortunately I have a hunt scheduled for this weekend. Switched it from thanksgiving weekend so I could spend some time with family! Let me know when the nexymt Herf is and I'll do my best to make it. I was looking forward to linking up with you all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, WoadyCypress said:

Unfortunately I have a hunt scheduled for this weekend. Switched it from thanksgiving weekend so I could spend some time with family! Let me know when the nexymt Herf is and I'll do my best to make it. I was looking forward to linking up with you all.

Sorry to hear you won't make it but we will resume our informal herf at Roegels after the start of the new year with the return of cool weather.  

• Like 1

Enjoy your hunt. I have been hunting birds since my dad got me hooked on it since I was 7 years old.
Would love to hear what you enjoy Hunting over a cigar sometime.

Regards.

28 minutes ago, WhiteMamba said:

I picked up a bottle of bullet rye. If you want some bring a glass. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Nice!  I am grabbing ice and soda.  I have two new Yeti coolers for each plus a little rum and whiskey.  I'll be picking up the BBQ about 5:30 and heading on to the lounge to set up.  See y'all there! 

• Like 1

Nice!  I am grabbing ice and soda.  I have two new Yeti coolers for each plus a little rum and whiskey.  I'll be picking up the BBQ about 5:30 and heading on to the lounge to set up.  See y'all there! 

I got 1 Coke & 1 seven up.....
And already smoking at the venue!

• Like 1

Nice Venue by the way!
Been here since about 1:30 when I got away from work

I am heading over around 6ish.

I’ll be wearing a black balcones whisky T-shirt.

Very very cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good morning and I cannot appreciate enough the wonderful company and the generosity of SignalJoe for taking the effort to set this up and providing hungry guys amazing BBQ and then bombing me with an amazing array of aged smokes.
Likewise every single guy present was doing their own strafing runs dropping some amazing cigars to smoke and share.

It was a pleasure and honor to meet everyone and I look forward to it again.

Let’s organize it once a quarter for sure!!!! Embajadores is available and at your disposal guys.

Kind regards.

• Like 4

Sorry a bit delayed in post herf comments.

First off - If you're in Houston (west 610 side) Definitely stop in at Embajadores!

I hung out there several hours waiting on the others to arrive - Really enjoyed the relaxing environment, good NC cigar selection and was treated like I had been a member there for years! Even had the pleasure of meeting the owner (Mort) who wanted to make sure I was comfortable and being taken care of by the staff - Darn nice for just being a walk-in off the street :2thumbs:

The HERF was well done! Thank-you @SignalJoe , @Shikar and @BEVOSREVENGE 

I got to sample several drams from many various libations - Excellent selections guys! I am not a drinker but never would I think to slight someone's generosities by not at least taking a taste (or three).... Damn you David - I never liked Rum before!!! :drool:

As for CIGARS - I think everyone smoked their quotas and then some. I even got to try one Marcas new to me thanks to @WhiteMamba.

Conversation was always lively - touching on subjects all over the place and believe it or not; some didn't have to do with cigars or Boobs. I did have problems understanding that one fellas accent most of the night but with much effort on my part did catch the jest on most of his comments - It was explained to me later that @Baktun9 was from Dallas..... Still at a loss on what that occupation was? >>> :whip::moon:  

Now I have really a sorry sh*t memory for names so let me take this opportunity to reach out to the two young fine upstanding (Looking) fellows that sat to my right --- Yo! can't remember your names!! Help an old man out! And where is that picture??

Any of you in the Houston area that missed this one really need to try and make the next - A guaranteed great time!

Cheers All - BUD

stash.jpg

Diplo4 07 Sunday Breakfast.jpg

RA EL2011 Monday Breakfast.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Fatshotbud said:

First off - If you're in Houston (west 610 side) Definitely stop in at Embajadores!

I hung out there several hours waiting on the others to arrive - Really enjoyed the relaxing environment, good NC cigar selection and was treated like I had been a member there for years! Even had the pleasure of meeting the owner (Mort) who wanted to make sure I was comfortable and being taken care of by the staff - Darn nice for just being a walk-in off the street :2thumbs:

I couldn't agree more.

The HERF was well done! Thank-you @SignalJoe , @Shikar and @BEVOSREVENGE 

Glad you enjoyed it!  

Now I have really a sorry sh*t memory for names so let me take this opportunity to reach out to the two young fine upstanding (Looking) fellows that sat to my right --- Yo! can't remember your names!! Help an old man out! And where is that picture??

That would be @Benzopyrene, and while I don't have the excuse of age I forgot him and his friend's real names.  

Diplo4 07 Sunday Breakfast.jpg

I caught your thoughts on the Allones LE I gave you, what did you think of Diplo 4? 

Wish I had tried them when they first came out to compare.
Short review - friggin awesome!
Got my attention right away with a salvo of spice/pepper in a smoke thick enough to chew! Mellowed while bringing up a woody flavor halfway then finished with a spicy almost floral tease making me wish she was a full corona to last just a moment or two more.
BTW--- it kept a nice shoulder throughout that indicates (to me at least) that you aged it well and it was perfect timing to light up IMHO
Many thanks Gene!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fatshotbud said:

Wish I had tried them when they first came out to compare.
Short review - friggin awesome!
Got my attention right away with a salvo of spice/pepper in a smoke thick enough to chew! Mellowed while bringing up a woody flavor halfway then finished with a spicy almost floral tease making me wish she was a full corona to last just a moment or two more.
BTW--- it kept a nice shoulder throughout that indicates (to me at least) that you aged it well and it was perfect timing to light up IMHO emoji3.png
Many thanks Gene!

Glad you enjoyed it!  I've given away a few but haven't tried them yet myself.  May have to change that quickly.  I think you'll enjoy that LGC MDO 2 as well. 

• Like 1