The Dr. Joe Show: Update

For fans of The Dr. Joe Show, I came across a comment in the Discussion section of his Youtube channel dated 3 months ago.  The comment stated that Dr. Joe has indeed passed away.  I cannot confirm this, but the person whom posted the comment claims that the source for this is a friend of Joe's, and also a man named Bill...from Joe's preferred vendor.  Again, I cannot confirm any of this, and the news of his passing is based solely on this comment.  If anyone can add to this or confirm the news...feel free.

• Sad 2

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just let the poor guy go off into the sunset in the manner he wishes. 👍

This is an old thread but I was online and his old videos popped up on YouTube. He is very much alive. His LinkedIn profile shows his employment through summer of 2021 as a corporate sales trainer. It

Just when he thought he was out they pull him back in!  Hey, someone track him down, jam a cigar in his mouth and start filming.  I will say it's unusual for someone that clearly had his pas

Sadly I have to believe this, think about it......the man would do extensive research on his sticks, he pretty much devoted his life to cigars, I can't believe he would just up and quit with no explanation & no sighting? NOTHING? C'mon!

People knew him from somewhere, he had to have friends.....you don't just fall off the face of the earth with no sound.......i just don't buy it.

Another thing, his brother posted and gave us an update when he was very ill.......shame on him for not following up with us on his condition, I know I'm being a whiny *****, but dammit I learned so much from "Dr. Joe" R. I. P. Brother, and thank you for everything.

*I'm very good looking, and great with rice.*

• Like 1

I had heard that Joe had to give up cigars because of sinus or other related issues. But again, this was just an Internet forum rumor & not confirmed. I never saw a video by Joe saying this.

I greatly enjoyed all Dr Joe’s videos. I appreciate the time, effort, and passion he put into them. After watching them I always hoped the guy would find another cigar related job that he loved as much as his time in a N.Y. cigar shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

3 hours ago, irratebass said:

People knew him from somewhere, he had to have friends.....you don't just fall off the face of the earth with no sound.......i just don't buy it.

that´s exactly what would happen to me.

well, I dont post youtube videos but 95% of my cigar relationship is based on FoH and facebook friends made here (I just use Facebook/Instagram to get in thouch with cigars) so if I disappear of cigar community chances are nobody will know what happened to me.

probably not Joe´s case but there are some like me.

well, I dont post youtube videos but 95% of my cigar relationship is based on FoH and facebook friends made here (I just use Facebook/Instagram to get in thouch with cigars) so if I disappear of cigar community chances are nobody will know what happened to me.
Yeah, I get it.......it just seems hard for me to believe he didn't have friends to smoke or if they didn't smoke knew how passionate he was about cigars......I just don't want to believe he's gone, but he probably is, I keep waiting for him to come back and be like "man, that was a long as wait, sorry about that.....here's what's been going on guys." and then jumps into his wineador build that he was working on.

*I'm very good looking, and great with rice.*

• Like 2

I was into cigars before Joe, but he was the biggest online contributor to my interest (leading to buying & smoking them) in Cuban cigars.

• Like 1

I want to come over and give you a hug. If you live in the Southeast, hit me up. We can at least have a smoke together.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Truly sad if true. I love Dr Joe and always cracked up watching him have an apoplexy when he would open a box of Cubans. I hope it is false but if not I hope his brother posts a follow-up. RIP but hopefully it’s not needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Very sad news if true for sure. He was VERY passionate about CC's and I always wondered what happened to him. Always loved his boxes and boxes of CC's in the background of his man cave.  He will be missed!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, planetary said:

So -- no confirmation yet?  Just someone posting on his YT channel, in the absence of any activity?

No confirmation that I'm aware of.  Info is based on the one comment only, and I observed no other activity.

10 hours ago, JR Kipling said:

I had heard that Joe had to give up cigars because of sinus or other related issues. But again, this was just an Internet forum rumor & not confirmed. I never saw a video by Joe saying this.

I greatly enjoyed all Dr Joe’s videos. I appreciate the time, effort, and passion he put into them. After watching them I always hoped the guy would find another cigar related job that he loved as much as his time in a N.Y. cigar shop.

I especially enjoyed the history of the brands.

I googled his name, there appears to be little or no info on him, no social media. He obviously had family and friends who know the deal.

1 hour ago, NYgarman said:

I googled his name, there appears to be little or no info on him, no social media. He obviously had family and friends who know the deal.

Agreed, his brother posted one time in his stead and if memory serves, he mentioned Joe having a "sinus" problem.  Beyond this, verifiable info is hard to come by.