My First Coolidor

Hello everyone,

I was hoping to get a little advise from someone who has successfully set up and maintained a coolidor.

I just recently picked up a 55 quart cooler from the local Wal-Mart in preparation of receiving a couple boxes of CCs. I will pose my questions in list form.

1. Viable humidification options? I live in Arizona so we are extremely dry all year. Have some silica kitty litter to experiment with.

2. Hygrometers, and hygrometers accuracy? I have an older xikar hygrometer that can still be calibrated, but was curious about wireless probes to mount in the coolidor.

3. Optimal storage RH for CC? I've had multiple humidors, but none dedicated to full boxes of CCs. 

4. To fan or not to fan? Cheap lap top fans seem to be a good option, but if it's not necessary... 

Well guys and gals thanks for the time and advice. 

-Kyle

1. for a 55qt cooler, i would recommend you buy a 320 gram 65% boveda pack (itll last a long time if your cooler is air tight, and you dont open and close your coolidor too frequently) and a small battery operated Xikar interval fan and you are good to go.  I have 4 x 55qt coolidors that work and keep great.

2. xikar digital hygro, if you wanna shell out the extra bucks get the xikar with the remote screen displays the temp, time and humidity  $70 versus $20 - amazon is your friend.  You can sticky mount the hygro to the inner lid of the cooler.

3. Keep your coolidor inside the house in a cool dark place, and they should stay within temp. Unless your house gets extremely hot.  But this is why i recommend the higher quality air sealed insulated coolers ie Yeti, Pelican (to name a few)

4.  XIkar fan as mentioned in 1. cheap fan uses AA batteries and does a decent enough job circulating the air.

Good luck Kyle. These are my 2c and have been working for me.