Happy Thanksgiving

I have always loved the Thanksgiving holiday.....one of the few I would love to introduce to Oz in exchange for Lizzies birthday holiday, comrade Monday, Get the flu day and the "He rose yesterday" Monday holiday. 

Let us know how are you spending your thanksgiving, what you will be eating, drinking and of course, smoking! :spotlight:

Post a thanksgiving photo on this thread and go into the draw for one of three samplers drawn next Wednesday. 

Post a cigar review   (format:   Montecristo 4  RAE MAY 17 : thanksgiving 17 review) and go into the draw for a box of cigars, my choice. 

The review "most liked" on the forum also will get a sampler. Hint,,,,,post it up early ;)

*start a new thread for each cigar review. 

Have a great thanksgiving!!!!

*note: If you are not celebrating thanksgiving.........YOU CAN STILL DO A REVIEW :D

• Like 3

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We're already decorated for Christmas, so the Fall/Thanksgiving décor is put away.  Wifey and I will be doing Thanksgiving tomorrow, just the two of us.  First time ever without all the family, a

Turkey's ready! Pre-carve: Post-carve: On the plate! Very thankful.....work's done  

Oh the gluttony...  

I will be spending Thanksgiving with my grandmother that lives about an hour away from me. We have had Thanksgiving and Christmas at her house for years now. There will be turkey, ham, dressing, homemade rolls, pies of course and several other dishes will be available. Lavon is her name and she is the sweetest woman I know. Has a touch of dementia now so we have to keep a close eye on her. Love her a lot. I will probably smoke in my truck on the way there, while there, and then on the way home.

I do hope everyone gets to enjoy the day with friends and family and appreciates and is thankful for what they have.

God bless and Happy Thanksgiving.

• Like 2

Thanksgiving is at my house as usual. Turkey, mashed taters, gravy, baked macaroni, green bean caserole and the like. Ill have a smoke after dinner to help digest. Anyone else ever notice that? Smoking helps with the overfull feeling? 

Happy Thanksgiving friends! 

• Like 3

At our apartment, we will have the sister-in-law and her son, my daughter and her boyfriend. We'll have turkey, mashed taters, sweet potato mash with the little marshmallows on top, green bean casserole (the kind that uses Campbells mushroom soup), King Hawaiian rolls, pumpkin pie and blackberry cobbler with vanilla ice cream. I have my pants with the elastic waistbands ready! :D

• Like 3

Thanks Rob. It is a special holiday focused on family, friends, food and gratefulness.

Of course we'll be having roast turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, green bean, cranberry relish and gravy. All accompanied with a nice Alsatian Pinot Gris.

Followed by pie - have to see what the BIL shows up with.

Mom's here with us since the hurricane in Puerto Rico so especially thankful she, my sister and her husband came through safely.

Never know what I'll choose to smoke until the day though most likely start with a mature thinny and follow the meal with something robust, not necessarily a Robusto.

Will post pics.

• Like 4

Always have a lot to be thankful for. Aside from the foods and family, I am looking forward to some great NFL action and arguing with my old man over who gets the turkey neck lol.  

Last year's thanksgiving smoke was a Punch MdO RE and it was outstanding. I'll have to dig out something good for after dinner.

• Like 1

Thanks Rob - just another pagan holiday to some but a favorite to many of us!
It will be "Belt Busting Time" at the rancho tomorrow Yes, in deed!
I will post a couple pics and have a Libertador lined up for second dessert.
B

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes there’s much to be thankful for, and I’m certainly thankful for this little oasis called FoH, and having access to the finest cigars on the planet. Really, how fortunate are we?

It’ll be a fairly quiet day of contemplation and relaxation, just my wife and I...and our dog....and our, ehem, 8 cats (or as a friend puts it, "7 cats too many”. Notice I didn’t say good friend). I’ll begin the day with just me and my bike on some mountain trails, then it’ll all wind down from there with some football, cigars, beers, and a couple of tenderloins on the BBQ for dinner.

Happy Thanksgiving to All!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fatshotbud said:

Thanks Rob - just another pagan holiday to some but a favorite to many of us!
It will be "Belt Busting Time" at the rancho tomorrow Yes, in deed!
I will post a couple pics and have a Libertador lined up for second dessert.emoji57.png
B

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

huh?  Pagan holiday?  Not sure you know what a pagan is!  Hint, it is a religious thing.  :)

4 hours ago, SGD316 said:

Thanksgiving is at my house as usual. Turkey, mashed taters, gravy, baked macaroni, green bean caserole and the like. Ill have a smoke after dinner to help digest. Anyone else ever notice that? Smoking helps with the overfull feeling? 

Happy Thanksgiving friends! 

Oh yeah. It's the nicotine. It helps stimulate digestion. Maybe. All I know is it's damn enjoyable :lol:

Thanksgiving at my parents house. Mom is making turkey, ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and cheesecake; my wife and I made cranberry sauce tonight we will bring over. I'm not sure what to smoke yet. I just a bunch of stuff from 24:24 but nothing has hit the 30 day down time mark yet. Will probably just throw caution to the wind and smoke a CORO  thats been in the tuppedore a week. Maybe the siglo iv I've had since 11/7. Any suggestions?IMG_0274.thumb.jpg.1e0a08cc6068da77e481b4cb1022e8a9.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, stogieluver said:

We're already decorated for Christmas, so the Fall/Thanksgiving décor is put away. 

Wifey and I will be doing Thanksgiving tomorrow, just the two of us.  First time ever without all the family, and looking forward to the peace and quiet, eating turkey and dressing, and watching the Ole Miss vs Mississippi State game.  We watch in separate rooms...she went to State, and I went to Ole Miss, so we learned long ago we can't watch it together.

GO TO HELL, STATE. (I hope she didn't hear me say that) 

HOTTY TODDY!

Christmas.JPG.e8420a4625a7ef9d73de2d904067b04b.JPG

Love your orange buddy there stogieluver, have one the same color.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fastkiller13 said:

Thanksgiving at my parents house. Mom is making turkey, ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and cheesecake; my wife and I made cranberry sauce tonight we will bring over. I'm not sure what to smoke yet. I just a bunch of stuff from 24:24 but nothing has hit the 30 day down time mark yet. Will probably just throw caution to the wind and smoke a CORO  thats been in the tuppedore a week. Maybe the siglo iv I've had since 11/7. Any suggestions?IMG_0274.thumb.jpg.1e0a08cc6068da77e481b4cb1022e8a9.jpg

Smoke what you want to smoke. Have no expectations. 

Enjoy!

• Like 2

We are up and the desert pie is already in the oven.  Will be watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade, Some of he dog show and football!!!

Bummed that the original Miracle on 34th Street is not on this year.  Croissants for breakfast.  Omelet and bacon for lunch so there is plenty of room for the turkey.  :drool:

Cocktails at four.  :buddies:

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, CrankYanker said:

I woke up at 6:45 this morning to the smell cookies in the bedroom. My wife has been baking for the past two weeks now with family gatherings. We will head out to my nana's today which is a tradition to always be there by noon to eat. Then we head to my dad's. Tomorrow I am heading to the cigar shop for a Black Friday Event and then we are off to Fremont OH on Sat and Sun for the wife's family. First year being married but both sides of our families have moved events to accommodate us.  Happy Thanksgiving you all. Thankful for a great family!

Sounds like a great weekend, thanks for sharing. ......One question, why is she baking cookies in the bedroom???????

• Haha 1