Partagas Shorts cab of 50
Partagas Lusitania cab of 50
PLPC’s cab of 50
Ramón Allone Specially Seleceted cab of 50, x 2
R&J wide churchills 
R&J Short churchill 
Robaina Don Alejandro
Robaina Unicos x 2

I’m sure I’ll have to alter the list based on available supply, but wanted the get your thoughts

Welcome to FOH.

That's a nice list for a first post, hope you can find what you're looking for.

May be a bit of a challenge on some of the 50 cabs. Make sure to ask at each shop in case they aren't readily visible. Might as well look for Punch Punch in the 50 too if you like those.

If you find a P1 jar buy some lottery tickets too!

Suggest you try some of the house rolls as well. 

Enjoy your trip!

3 hours ago, Habana Mike said:

Welcome to FOH.

That's a nice list for a first post, hope you can find what you're looking for.

May be a bit of a challenge on some of the 50 cabs. Make sure to ask at each shop in case they aren't readily visible. Might as well look for Punch Punch in the 50 too if you like those.

If you find a P1 jar buy some lottery tickets too!

Suggest you try some of the house rolls as well. 

Enjoy your trip!

Been out of the game for a while and Cigarlive is no longer or has changes to something else.

I’ll definitely check out/pick up some custom rolls

Available for the most part yes, cheaper not necessarily so. Can find some very good prices on certain boxes in Havana.

Also always nice to be able to actually inspect the boxes personally and it is a thrill to buy and bring home.

• Like 1

I was in Cuba earlier this year and I can tell you that the shop in the Hotel Libre and Hotel Nacional have the largest selection.  The Hotel Nacional has a great terrace to relax at too.  You will probably be able to find most of these there. 

The shops in Old Havana are more limited and usually come down to shop manager's preference, especially with what singles they sell.  The shot manager at the Partagas factory is a real character, btw.  It was a riot watching and listening to him deal with young American tourists who don't smoke cigars come in only because they were told to buy a box of Cubans.

Also, all cigar prices in Cuba are set by the Government; they do not vary in Cuba.  Comparing the cheapest legit sites selling Cubans to the prices in Cuba, I have yet to see any cheaper outside of Cuba.  I would consider any that are to be suspect. 

Joe

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JoeKitchen said:

I was in Cuba earlier this year and I can tell you that the shop in the Hotel Libre and Hotel Nacional have the largest selection.  The Hotel Nacional has a great terrace to relax at too.  You will probably be able to find most of these there. 

The shops in Old Havana are more limited and usually come down to shop manager's preference, especially with what singles they sell.  The shot manager at the Partagas factory is a real character, btw.  It was a riot watching and listening to him deal with young American tourists who don't smoke cigars come in only because they were told to buy a box of Cubans.

Also, all cigar prices in Cuba are set by the Government; they do not vary in Cuba.  Comparing the cheapest legit sites selling Cubans to the prices in Cuba, I have yet to see any cheaper outside of Cuba.  I would consider any that are to be suspect. 

Joe

Thank you for the info kind Sir

I’ll heed the advice and start at the 2 locations you mentioned 

With only a few hours in port I’ll be challenged for time

1 hour ago, GotaCohiba said:

Thank you for the info kind Sir

I’ll heed the advice and start at the 2 locations you mentioned 

With only a few hours in port I’ll be challenged for time

I did not notice that you were coming in by port and only by there a few hours.  With that taken into consideration, the two shops I mention may not be the best idea, unless you really want to review the best selection. 

The port of Havana is in Old Havana and on the east side.  The Hotel Libre and Hotel Nacional, both pretty much next to each other, is in Vedado.  They would be a good 45 to 50 minute walk from the port, probably a 20 minute taxi ride.  If you are up to that, go for it.  However ...

The La Casa del Habano at Hotel Conde de Villanueva will be the closest shop to the port.  I was not able to stop in there, but did hear they have a good selection, although the shop is in slight disarray.  Each shop kind of takes on the personality of the manager, but they have singles to buy as well if you want to smoke something there.  This shop is close to the Plaza Vieja too, which has the best coffee in Havana, located in one of the corners.  (Everyone told me this was the best coffee in Havana, locals and tourists.)  You could easily lit up a cigar, walk to get coffee and take up a seat in the Plaza. 

There is also the La Casa del Habano at the Partagas Factory, probably a 15 to 20 minute walk and right behind the Capitolio.  This is a very touristy shop, and area, and all of the boxes are kept behind the counter.  You can not just look through them yourself like with all the other shops, but it is in a nice location.  There is also a nice small bar and couches to light up a cigar and relax for a bit in the shop. 

The shop at the La Vega at Palacio de las Artesanías is nice too.  It is not an official La Casa Del Habono, but it has a nice walk-in humidor and large selection of singles, so long as you get there in the morning.  The shop is located in an "O" shaped two story building with an open interior patio with tables, chairs and a stage.  They have live music everyday in the afternoon and service for the tables from a bar located in the building.  Most of the shops are very touristy, so the cigar shop tends to attract those looking to buy a Cuban just so they can say they did.  But it is still a great place to buy some cigars, light one up, order a drink, and relax listening to live music. 

Have fun.  If you are interested, I was in Havana on a photography project and mainly stayed in Old Havana.  You can see those pictures here, http://www.josephmkitchen.com/havana-cuba/. 

Joe

P.S., Although there is cell phone service in Havana, there is no data on the cell phone signal.  Bring a paper map and mark it with where you want to go before hand. 

I would take a government taxi to Habana Libre and then it is an easy 15 minute walk to the Hotel Nacional. After you check out the humidor downstairs have a drink and cigar on the back terrace if time allows. A 10 minute taxi ride back to the port or Old Havana to spend the rest of your time. Government taxi should be 10 CUC each way.

If you go to Partagas there is a large walk in humidor in the back VIP area. Just ask if you are ok to go in to look for boxes.

If you have time for one good meal, go to La Terraza at 309 Prado and ask for the third floor terrace where everything is done on a grill and is excellent. Be sure to try a frozen Mojito. The restaurant is very close to Parque Central.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 12/4/2017 at 9:30 PM, BellevilleMXZ said:

Yes I saw lots last week still.

Almost everyone whom I've talked to have confirmed as well. Yet on FOH, I read that Sir Winston stock was extremely rare - it's very odd. I have written them off as people who are looking to resell or desperately trying to increase market value with misinformation. It is what it is, pretty prevalent in this community.

• Like 1