Newbie Box PASS 2017/2018

Welcome to The 2nd Annual Newbies Get a Box Pass. The whole point is to have fun and get some cigars you have wanted to try just for the cost of postage.  Since this is a newbie pass the procedure will be outlined below.  

I will mail the box to the first person in the pass with an email on who to mail it to next. Next person in line will send to next person and so on.  Each person will PUT and TAKE Cigars from the box.  There will be a max of 5 Takes, no Max on Puts.  Don't feel obligated to add extra cigars to the box but you can if you would like.  When your Puts/Takes are approved you will receive an email with next persons address.  Send via USPS Priority Mail 2-3 day at minimum.  Try to turn box in 1 day, no more than 2.  

Before finalizing PUT and TAKES an email or PM will be sent to Wertman for approval.  Wertman will have final decision making in this although I am new myself so please feel free to chime in also I will be bother senior members and moderators for advice.  Use common sense and PUT and TAKE cigars of around equal value.  Since this is a Newbie pass it will be much easier because most of the cigars will be closely priced.   

General Rules

·       Normal production for Normal production Puts and Takes, Aged/Rare for Aged/Rare.  CC for CC, NC for NC ONLY-no exceptions. Try to make your Puts and

·       Takes match up as much as possible.  Don't expect it to be ok to trade an LE for an aged Piedra.  

·       Try to keep the $ value as close as possible so the guys at the end of the pass still have options. Max takes will be 5, with no max puts.  

·       Email/PM Wertman with puts and takes as soon as possible. 

·       Wertman will post pass progress with updated list on new pass thread. 

·       Feel free to post any comments in the pass section or via the group email.  

·       Please post the box code of any cigars you want to put into the pass if it is available. This will help limit any fakes and if you do not have a box code because it was a split, trade, purchase, ect. you did then please explain, and it will be okay. I understand some retailers also sell singles that you usually don't get box codes on.  We want to keep Czar stock in this pass as much as possible. When  

·       Custom Rolls will be ok as only one put or take--this is precarious as it leads to unnecessary arguing on authenticity, but one will be allowed.  

·       Upon receiving the package please inspect the pass and make sure the humidity is fine, make sure the cigars aren't dried out and cracking and nothing is damaged or missing. So, do an inventory on not only the cigars and numbers, but make sure they are all there! If there is an issue, please post it in the pass and Wertman aware and we will work through it.

·       Send your Put/Takes as soon as you can so new box contents can be posted.  Be sure to label all of your puts with the same band number as you took from.  If it's not possible to use band on Cigar,

·       Do not ship without making sure the next person in line is available and ready to accept the pass.  We will have an order and if anyone is going to be away during the time it's happening please let us know pre pass to try and change the order. 

·       If at all possible, try to prevent putting a double into the pass…if the cigar you were going to use as a put is already in there, try to find another suitable put. Everyone deserves to have the same variety to choose from that you did. The pass will start with a few doubles.  If you are taking one of the doubles you can only take one so it gives another person a chance at the other.

·       Always ship with a tracking number and post it in the email thread notifying the members that the pass is on the road! Hand-offs are allowed and encouraged if at all possible. If a hand off is going to be completed you MUST post a pic of you two smoking together.

·       If the box is in bad shape, please replace it before sending it on to the next person.

·       If you have to drop out at any time or think you will be out of town when your turn in the pass comes up, let the pass members know immediately.

·       Since this is a newbie pass do not be afraid to ask questions. If this is your first pass and you aren't learning pass etiquette and how to participate, then this pass is pointless.

·       Post everything in the pass thread or via email.

·       Most of all have fun, laugh, learn, and don't take things too seriously.  

Pass order is as follows:

1.) signaljoe

2.) shaffer22

3.) bigjohn

4.) zepp69

5.) kfbr392

6.) tommyz

7.) projectal

8.) napalmman67

9.) stinkhead

10.) diabolicalpherpher

11.) jschrader510

12.) crankyanker

13.) zeedubbya

16.) nymets01

17.) tave1225

18.) Santiago

19.) tjdjr

20.) leemack912

21.) cfc1016

22.) prodigy

23.) winchester21

24.) habannamike

25.) rguinn

26.) steelcity

I am still seeking on how to include our friends in Canada.  As of right now I do not have anyone to bring across as of yet.  Also there are two members which initially bailed out but I am checking to see if they are interested, as this pass is taking a bit to get started. 

INITIAL PASS CONTENTS:

BOLIVAR LIBERTADOR ETP DIC 16 X2

RASS LAU MAR 16 X2 

CORONA ESPECIALES LAU NOV 16 X2

UPMANN HALF CORONA TOS SEP 16 X2

PUNCH PUNCH PET AGO 16 X2

SAN CRISTOBAL EL PRINCIPE TOS MAY 16 X2

PARTAGAS SERIE D NO 4 SOM OCT 15

PARTAGAS SERIE D NO 4 TOR OCT 16 X2

MONTECRISTO PETIT EMUNDO PUR NOV 16

MONTECRISTO PETIT EMUNDO AMO ABR 16

MONTECRISTO PETIT EMUNDO MEF FEB 16 X2

MONTECRISTO NO 2 SOM JUL 16

PARTAGAS LUIS OBM OCT 16 X2

PARTAGAS LUIS OBM ABR 16

BOLIVAR BELICOSOS FINO SOM SEP 16 X2

TRINIDAD REYES RMU FEB 17 X2

JUAN LOPEZ NO 2 OPS NOV 16 X2

NON- CUBAN.....DONT HAVE TO MANY

ALEC BRADLEY CRESCENDO FROM 2012

GURKA EUROPEAN SELECTION HABANO FROM 2011

TATUAJE UNICOS FROM 2013

PARTAGAS CHICOS A COUPLE OF THEM JUST FOR PEOPLE TO TRY OUT FEEL FREE TO TAKE ONE IF THEY ARE STILL THERE

• Like 1

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright, puts and takes.... takes: La Fuerza TOS DIC 15 Upmann PC PET DIC 16 Upmann No 2 LUB OCT 14 RASCC AME JUL 13 puts: Boli CE (50 cab) POS

Santiago and I having a smoke and handing off the box. I’m the handsome one in case you’re wondering. Will have puts/takes later today. 

Alright gentlemen I have received the box at the house where my humidor is currently located.  I am in the middle of relocating and it is a flaming pain in the ass.  No chore on God's green earth is m

Dang. Hate that I missed out on this.

Enjoy fellas. Good times ahead.

• Like 1

Good to see this get rolling! Look forward to it coming around in a couple of months!

7 hours ago, Wertman said:

The list of cigars are up.  Please let me know if this looks good or any other suggestions.   Can't wait to start.

I would recommend not doing duplicates at all if possible. For example you do not need 4 Monte PE from the same year. 

An exception to this would be if you had like a 16 PE and then 05 or something since these will be very different cigars due to age. 

Just a thought, thank you again for organizing! 

I would recommend not doing duplicates at all if possible. For example you do not need 4 Monte PE from the same year. 

An exception to this would be if you had like a 16 PE and then 05 or something since these will be very different cigars due to age. 

Just a thought, thank you again for organizing! 
I disagree only because it's a newbie pass. The new guys are wanting to try examples of regular production sticks. If there's only one of each, the guys at the end of the pass don't get the chance to try any. Maybe not quite as many duplicates as are listed, but definitely should include duplicates.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, prodigy said:

I disagree only because it's a newbie pass. The new guys are wanting to try examples of regular production sticks. If there's only one of each, the guys at the end of the pass don't get the chance to try any. Maybe not quite as many duplicates as are listed, but definitely should include duplicates.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Yeah but you also have to think about newbie puts.  If you limit duplicates in the initial box list that allows for newbies (who potentially have a lesser variety to contribute) to put a duplicate and try something different that they don’t own already.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Wertman said:

its complicated and has to do with taxes

LOL its not complicated at all, mark the box gift and ship it.....done it hundreds of times without issue.  Sad the Canada guys get excluded.

@Wertman When should I expect the box?  I am working out of town at the moment but will be home on weekends.  My folks are staying at place (refugees from the hurricanes) and can mail it out first thing Monday.  Since I am kicking this off I will be putting in more than I take for those behind me.  

@BellevilleMXZ I did not saying it's out of the question.  We are looking into it.  I certainly do not want to responsible for everyone's cigars and the pass being shut down based on your theory nor do you. I need to make sure there are no problems.  We have time there are 30 people already in the pass So there is plenty of time.

I will add some NC's in there. Got some nice opus and fuente stuff to add.

20 hours ago, Wertman said:

@SignalJoe. I can either arrange for it to arrive on Saturday or if you would like it to come Thursday or Friday I can do that as well.  Thanks for putting stuff in too I appreciate it.

No problem.  If you dont mind send so that it arrives Thursday/ Friday.   That way I can drop mine in and move it out on Monday.  

@Wertman Do you have a date in mind for kickoff.  I was thinking it might be wise to hold off until after the new year.  With the volume the post office does through Christmas all manners of bad luck and stupidity are potentially waiting to bite us on the ass.  

On 2017-12-03 at 3:14 PM, BellevilleMXZ said:

LOL its not complicated at all, mark the box gift and ship it.....done it hundreds of times without issue.  Sad the Canada guys get excluded.

It’s does get complicated when the Canadian receiving the box gets a massive bill from Customs. Or the box gets seized. Marking the box as a gift does not exclude it from taxes/duty.