Montecristo 80th - How are they doing?

Hey all, I would appreciate some feedback regarding status of the Monte 80th release. Specifically, how are they smoking? I know that these were first released around Nov/Dec of 2015. Has anyone smoked those recently? How about newer batches (2016/2017)? How do the releases compare (i.e. are the different release batches smoking any differently)? Is the blend and production been consistent?

Please let us know your thoughts. 

Thanks. 

-Shake

I've smoked a ton of these this year, and i'm not a huge Monte fan. Great when fresher, but its sleepy time for them now. Smoked one about 2 weeks ago, and that will be the last for quite some time. Its a great, rich, full flavored classy cigar, but at least to me, they need rest.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just got my sampler from FOH and was contemplating the 80th as a Super Bowl smoke. Less than 3 weeks to acclimate and from the above reviews, they might not be ready. Anyone have any other thoughts?

• Like 1

i believe Rob said to rest them for a year....i got the sampler as well and i intend to follow that advice.  kind of a downer, get all excited about the sticks...then just have them teasing you as you have them in the humi for a year or more.  But then again, that seems to be most cubans. gives you something to look forward to i guess :)

• Like 1

Smoked one last night. Not hugely impressed, but the first half of the cigar was ruined by odd smoke production...even though an acceptable draw, it switched between hardly any smoke to loads on each puff. The second half was good. These came from the LCDH Koblenz just veggie xmas, so have had a month in my humi to settle

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 2