Casa Particular recommendation- budget friendly

GotaCohiba

There are a ton in Vedado. If you are sharing the house, Casa Luigi is excellent. 140 CUC a night (two magnificent rooms). Take all three (third one a little smaller but excellent)and it is 180 CUC. Delilah is a peach and manages it beautifully. 

Touch base when i am back and I can put you in touch. 

Guest Nekhyludov
On 12/29/2017 at 9:34 PM, GotaCohiba said:

Any recommendations for a budget friendly Casa near the Hotel National?

I’ll be there from 5/31-6/5

I’d like to keep it under 60cuc a night if possible

Thanks in advance,

Michael

My wife and I stayed at this place. It's about two blocks from the Nacional, very affordable, and the hosts are fantastic. They make the best breakfast I've ever had - fresh papaya juice, homemade yogurt, fresh fruit, fantastic scrambled eggs. And they're extremely friendly and helpful, too. 

20180101_181401.thumb.jpg.da77e938d64b0dc7d3720cb6123d3181.jpg

I know of two. One near the Capitol building/Partagas factory and the other in Playa, about 10 minutes out from the city. Both are 40 CUC. The one near Partagas is brand new and near everything. The Playa house is massive, some of the bathrooms could be a room by itself. The Playa house you can catch the 50 cent cabs into town (that would get you to the Nacional or the Capitol building) and the double decker busses that do the tours. John 

20180102_202059.jpg

20180102_202016.jpg

A little further from the Nacional (about 15 minute walk) at Paseo y Calle 17, clean, modern, inexpensive, and (full disclosure) run by friends I met many years ago. Super couple with nice boy.

https://es.airbnb.com/rooms/21090243?s=51

• 2 months later...

Stayed at a great Air bnb property near US Emabassy and 10 mins from Hotel Nacional  Listed as “ocean front apartment”, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, balcony view on 4th floor.  $51/night.  Very clean and would stay at it again. Operated by Yoan

• 3 months later...