DIY Den with cabinet humidor

Bucket23

Not sure of the CFM, the specs say 320m3 per hour. Its just a normal bathroom exhaust fan (DE225 dete electrical from Bunnings). Because there are only two chairs and probably just me, I wasn't worried too much about the exhaust. When I have smoked (heavy smoke cigar) there was no issue with too much smoke in the room. The exhaust fan took it straight out.

• 2 weeks later...

Used the ozone machine on the weekend (it was just a cheapie $99 one from ebay) and it worked a treat. Mine only has a two hour timer and it needs two runs and absolutely no smoke smell.

It does leave an "ozone" smell though which is just different. Once a candle is used or some airflow (open up the window) it goes back to normal. I think it may be the absense of smell that smells wierd after the machine runs.

I can't believe that such a little machine can get rid of cigar smoke. My wife hates smoke smell and could smell it down the road. Even she couldn't smell smoke (she was out for the weekend while I trialled it to see). She did say it smelt different but it wasn't a smoke smell.

• 2 weeks later...

How is the seal on the cabinets? Process? Anything you learned? Anything you would do differently? Once completely debt free (2-years), something like this is on my list. 

I have built a handful of kitchens, but never a humidor cabinet.

Looks awesome!

No special seal. I glued (special glue) 5mm think spanish cedar on the inside of the cabinets. I routed out the edge for the doors so that the glass would fit flush with the back of the door. I then glued another 5mm piece of spanish cedar over the glass. The tricky part was custom fitting the cedar to the doors as I wanted it to be milimetre perfect.

I use magent latches to hold the door shut. I'll try and take a photo of the inside of the door and post it.