If you are looking to hire a driver in Havana

El Presidente

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We hooked up with Jorge (George) on the first day of our havana trip. We hit it off straight away. Jorge speaks fluent English, is a raconteur, historian, tour guide, problem solver and just a decent

My wife and I used Jorge last Thursday. Everything you have read is true. Very proud and knowledgeable of the area. He is educating himself into the cigar world to accommodate the FOH members. He is m

I met Jose Fernandez through a mutual friend here on FOH (Hat tip, and a thank you, you know who you are, much respect). Pre-Covid I would visit Havana a couple times a year with my Dad and friends. J

13 hours ago, El Presidente said:

We hooked up with Jorge (George) on the first day of our havana trip. We hit it off straight away. Jorge speaks fluent English, is a raconteur, historian, tour guide, problem solver and just a decent all around bloke.  Taxis in Havana are not cheap anymore and Jorge charges 100 CUC a day for personal hire.  Split is amongst three (lada) and it is a bargain to have someone trustworthy and excellent from sun up to late into the night/early morning. 

Take down his details although I will move this to the Cuba travel and classifieds section. 

As always, the only people will spruik on FOH are those that provide an exceptional product, service, experience.  Jorge fits the bill!

If you need a driver for a day or a week....shoot him an email. let him know Rob from Oz sent you. 

Jorge Luis Clavijo

Mobile +535 361 0146

[email protected]

Jorge.jpg

The email address listed is no bueno 

Depending on your purpose, the Havanatour bus for 10 bucks is another great deal.  It drives by every single one of the LCDH's except the stand alone store in Miramar (though it is only a 15 block walk) and Club Havana.   I hired a guy for 10 dollars to take my friend and I there, wait for us to shop and take me back to the bus route.  30 bucks (2 bus, 1 taxi) for 2 of us for the day.  Not bad.

Oh, and my friend who almost became not my friend, who was in charge of the money, left my bag of 4 grand on the bus on the 1st day.  Took us 6 hours to track down that bus but the amazing honest and good people of Cuba got my money back to me.  If I left 4 grand in a bus in the US, it would have been stolen.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Monterey said:

Took us 6 hours to track down that bus but the amazing honest and good people of Cuba got my money back to me.  If I left 4 grand in a bus in the US, it would have been stolen.

Ain't that the truth. Cuban's are amazing. 

3 hours ago, GotaCohiba said:

The email address listed is no bueno 

I posted up his card. Play around with the email addy as I may have got it wrong. Alternatively, send him a text and let him confirm the email addy for you. 

45 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

I posted up his card. Play around with the email addy as I may have got it wrong. Alternatively, send him a text and let him confirm the email addy for you. 

Anybody know how to text a number in Cuba from the US?

On 1/7/2018 at 12:56 AM, El Presidente said:

We hooked up with Jorge (George) on the first day of our havana trip. We hit it off straight away. Jorge speaks fluent English, is a raconteur, historian, tour guide, problem solver and just a decent all around bloke.  Taxis in Havana are not cheap anymore and Jorge charges 100 CUC a day for personal hire.  Split is amongst three (lada) and it is a bargain to have someone trustworthy and excellent from sun up to late into the night/early morning. 

Take down his details although I will move this to the Cuba travel and classifieds section. 

As always, the only people will spruik on FOH are those that provide an exceptional product, service, experience.  Jorge fits the bill!

If you need a driver for a day or a week....shoot him an email. let him know Rob from Oz sent you. 

Jorge Luis Clavijo

Mobile +535 361 0146

[email protected]

Jorge.jpg

20180108_085645.jpg

Thanks for updating the post

It looks like it’s [email protected]

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for this recommendation: Jorge is awesome and knows a ton about the city... his English is very good. 

I called him at 8:30am for a 10am pickup (very last minute plan) and he asked one of his friends to cover a much more profitable trip to Vinales that he was supposed to do that day, to be sure we would have good service! How long have you known him, Rob?  I feel that he did not one to disapoint someone dropping your name. 

If anyone is looking for a great driver that will pick up at airport or port and is a great guy please let me know. There has been several on here and friends that have used his services. He speaks Spanish and English and retired from Habanas s.a. In Cuba and moved to Canada for Habanas s.a. as well. He knows everyone in Cuba that has anything to do with Cigars which makes it very nice. He's reasonably priced and most of the time he will get you custom cigars free to smoke at the shops. He's precise and always on time. Great guys just let me know if your interested and I will give you his info. The pictures are of my fulltime driver/friend..Arturo is his name. 

Cheers, 

Robert Rogers

DSC_0056.JPG

• Like 2

23 hours ago, upnflames said:

If anyone is looking for a great driver that will pick up at airport or port and is a great guy please let me know. There has been several on here and friends that have used his services. He speaks Spanish and English and retired from Habanas s.a. In Cuba and moved to Canada for Habanas s.a. as well. He knows everyone in Cuba that has anything to do with Cigars which makes it very nice. He's reasonably priced and most of the time he will get you custom cigars free to smoke at the shops. He's precise and always on time. Great guys just let me know if your interested and I will give you his info. The pictures are of my fulltime driver/friend..Arturo is his name. 

Cheers, 

Robert Rogers

DSC_0056.JPG

Seems like he's booked up almost every week by some RR guy!

If those recommended above are not available and you need a driver, let me know. We found a great driver last trip courtesy of our casa hostess.

Pavel speaks good English, knows his way around, drives a well-running and clean 53 Bel Air PowerGlide, is extremely service-oriented and quite reasonable. He'd wait for you until 3AM if need be with no complaints.

He'll be our go-to guy on future trips.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2018 at 11:46 PM, upnflames said:

Cheers, 

Robert Rogers

DSC_0056.JPG

I'll vouch for Arturo as well

My wife told him the only reason he does this is to kiss all the girls at the LCDH's 

As mentioned, knows everyone at every shop we went to

• 3 months later...