thoughts on the H. Upmann Anejado Robusto?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good Cuban cigars with the typical H Upmann flavours, but you’re just paying a premium for Habanos to age them for you.  I’m still unsure on the anejados, in general.  They’re good, but they’re not br

Tried my first (and last!) yesterday. Construction was fine, and prelight draw hinted at liquorice, but the flavours once lit were harsh and bitter. It tasted like an NC to me, and I pitched it a

So I smoked my first H. Upmann Robo Añejados out of two singles bought a few weeks back. Interesting smoke.... Let me just start with an observation on age, for this is sometimes questioned: Thes

Already hearing good things from friends who have tried them so far when comparing with the other Anejados releases.

I have a few on the way to try and was keen as Upmann is def one of my fav marcas but unlikely I will get to try them that soon.

On 1/17/2018 at 1:53 PM, cmbarton said:

I can’t wait to hear the feedback. Hoping these are the aged Robustos from HU’s earlier production several years back.

If you're referring to the 2012 EL I doubt they are those. The wrappers would be a dead giveaway. But that would be the gift of gifts if they are the 12 ELs as those were one of the better ELs ever released IMO.

If you're referring to the 2012 EL I doubt they are those. The wrappers would be a dead giveaway. But that would be the gift of gifts if they are the 12 ELs as those were one of the better ELs ever released IMO.

Yeah - based on box codes and appearance, they are neither the 2012 LE nor the Travel Humidor Robusto. Bummer. Still want to try one.

• 4 weeks later...

Just Received a box of robustos anejados.

Could not resist so I tried one.

No review just some thoughts.

1. very good cigar

2. Now way this is an Upmann robusto. not even an upmann blend.

3. More a Partagas blend than anything else.

In my mind this was rolled as a Partagas D4 but with a lighter wrapper and left aside.

Factory code is BUA JUL 11

One last thing. Retail of upmann robusto anejado 315 euro. Retail price of Partagas D4 2016 and 2017 production 290 euro. It is not a bad price even for an aged Partagas

I’ve only tried one of each of HdM and RyJ and they were not good at all, but the upmann blew me away. Not the typical upmann DNA, just like the other vitolas to the respective marcas.
The flavor reminded me of cinnamon buns. Construction wise it seems to have some issues though according to a Facebook group I’m in like wrappers falling of etc. Mine started to tunnel the last 3rd and the other one had a tight draw so I haven’t smoked it yet. First impression flavorwise, it was a really good one, not just compared to the RyJ and HdM, but overall as well. I’m very interested to see how other people react to upmann añejados.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

• Like 1

Am I the only one who thinks there is an unusual amount of nicotine in a stick of this size?  Just had one and am woozy- and I've been doing 4 cigars a day for the last 5-6 days.....

You sure you didn’t have some of that Dominican 151 proof rum before the cigar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob mentioned he was going to smoke one with Ken.  Not sure if that was going to be a video review or anything, but I can not find reference to Rob's impression of this stick.  Did I miss it?

I smoked my first one this Monday night after freezer treatment and prob almost a month sitting in the humi. I've not smoked any of the other Anejados yet but I enjoyed this one. Didn't seem typical Upmann to me (what do I know!?) and someone mentioned Partagas above which come to think of it I would tend to agree with.

Need to smoked another sample in maybe a month after more travel rest and acclimatization.

• Like 1

First taste was of pepper like a Nicaraguan but that went away almost immediately but I did get hints of some other kind of spice and maybe gingerbread almost. I don’t have a refind pallet. I also get a bit of a metallic taste sometimes along with an occasional hint of cedar and leather.