You can put it in your pipe and smoke it... I guess

*My cigar loving friends have BEEN putting cigar nubs into their regular pipe bowls and smoking them without gadgetry just fine. Plus this guy lost me when he selected a Cohiba "Red Dot" (his favorite cigar???) :confused:    to smoke in his contraption.  Am I alone in not considering him a serious lover of the leaf if he actually likes THAT excuse for a quality smoke?

• Like 2

I'm a little confused about why you'd need the pipe at all. If your just going to cut a cigar into a bunch of pieces you could use a nub tip and smoke the pieces the way a cigar is supposed to be smoked.  I'm still a noob so forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't the point of a cigars vitola to allow the blend to be expressed through smoking the whole cigar? I guess I'm asking if your ruining the cigars nuance by cutting it up and smoking little parts one at a time. 

If you like Cohiba and only have 20 minutes might I recommend an Exquisitas? Not the kind that have dots, look for the white squares.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fastkiller13 said:

I'm a little confused about why you'd need the pipe at all. If your just going to cut a cigar into a bunch of pieces you could use a nub tip and smoke the pieces the way a cigar is supposed to be smoked.  I'm still a noob so forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't the point of a cigars vitola to allow the blend to be expressed through smoking the whole cigar? I guess I'm asking if your ruining the cigars nuance by cutting it up and smoking little parts one at a time. 

If you like Cohiba and only have 20 minutes might I recommend an Exquisitas? Not the kind that have dots, look for the white squares.  

I don't smoke my cigars that way - nubs inside a pipe. My buddies choose to do that because - they're nubs. And they don't have nub tips, so they improvise not letting any of the leaf go to waste by putting the nubs into a pipe bowl. Personally, I think that looks more dignified than using a nub tip, but that's me. Also I know there are folks out there who love their long and skinnies. I don't smoke my cigars all the time to where I'd need a tres petite corona for a quick smoke, so I can forego the Exquisitas Cohiba, or any other pencil size stick for smoking. Again, just my humble 2 cents.

I have done that with my pipes in the past but it needs to be one of those special cigars you just don't want to let go of right to the last.

That thing just looks plain stupid.

If I’m that hard up to smoke for 10 minutes, I will just grab one of my pipes. That thing is ridiculous. If I can’t hold a cigar , I’m done with it. I also don’t lick the bottom of a glass when my drink is finished. ?

• Thanks 1

My thoughts is that if this is not one of your special cigars or something that hit the spot (so you actually want to nub it), won't it get harsh, hot and taste of tar towards the end.

With long and skinny, you smoke it slow to keep it from burning hot. This is interesting but that is about it. Why would you want to nub it in a pipe after holding to the cigar towards the end?

If you want to smoke a cigar in a pipe, just cut up a cigar and smoke it in a pipe (loose leaf).

Each to their own, but I'd rather go about it the old fashioned way and burn my fingers if it's great, or skip it altogether if I'm pressed for time.

@polarbear I remember spotting someone doing that at Havanathon with a corn cob pipe - was it you?

14 hours ago, MrGlass said:

Each to their own, but I'd rather go about it the old fashioned way and burn my fingers if it's great, or skip it altogether if I'm pressed for time.

@polarbear I remember spotting someone doing that at Havanathon with a corn cob pipe - was it you?

Nope

I f$%king hate corn cob pipes

Might have been Khalil

17 hours ago, MrGlass said:

Did he look anything like this? And was he eating spinach?

popeye.jpg.2e8d9c9159ad786649ddbd7395f653e7.jpg