New humidor recommendation

Steven J

I'm currently shopping around for a new humidor. I've been using a 250ct humidor for a few years and getting the humidity to stabilize has been a daily project from when I first got it. So if anyone knows good quality brands or wood Crafters who can build one, please help me out. I'm aiming to get the thickest lining of Spanish cedar possible. I would like to avoid those lined with paper thin vaneer. I'm looking to get as big as I can, the best quality, without breaking the bank. Any recommendations on what I should get would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm currently shopping around for a new humidor. I've been using a 250ct humidor for a few years and getting the humidity to stabilize has been a daily project from when I first got it. So if anyone knows good quality brands or wood Crafters who can build one, please help me out. I'm aiming to get the thickest lining of Spanish cedar possible. I would like to avoid those lined with paper thin vaneer. I'm looking to get as big as I can, the best quality, without breaking the bank. Any recommendations on what I should get would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I can't recommend a cooler enough, I have a cabinet that holds 3k cigars, a wineador that holds maybe 500 and a desktop that holds about 150 + a 150 Qt cooler, and if I had to do it all over again I would have 9-10 coolers.

They keep humidity, they are cheap (less than $60 in the states) and they hold a ton of cigars.

Go with a cooler.
  • Like 3

I can't recommend a cooler enough, I have a cabinet that holds 3k cigars, a wineador that holds maybe 500 and a desktop that holds about 150 + a 150 Qt cooler, and if I had to do it all over again I would have 9-10 coolers.

They keep humidity, they are cheap (less than $60 in the states) and they hold a ton of cigars.

Go with a cooler.
Nice, that's quite the collection space. I'm assuming you mean an electronic cooler and not like an igloo cooler correct? Which brand do you own?

• Like 1

Nice, that's quite the collection space. I'm assuming you mean an electronic cooler and not like an igloo cooler correct? Which brand do you own?

Nope, I'm referring to a Coleman 150 Qt cooler, mine is like this one, but it's blue. I've had it for almost 6yrs now, and never had an issue, it stays at 65% all year round with just a pound of beads in it, and occasionally I'll throw in a small boveda pack that I randomly get from trade or bombs, or purchases.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-Xtreme-150-qt-Cooler-Green/21947771

I second the cooler.  I have about 10 120 and 150qt Rubbermaid marine coolers and no more cabinets or desktops.

I have a smaller cooler for singles and as a dry boxing humidor.

Been using them for about 15 years now

Seal on that type of cooler is better than a seal on any humidor. That is why they are so good at maintaining humidity without much effort. I keep my long term aging stock in a large cooler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About how many boxes will a 150qt hold, assuming a mix of dress boxes and cabs?
I am not certain, but quite a bit. I have boxes + singles in shelves, but I keep my cooler laid down, some people will stand it up and put shelves in it.
That's amazing and a really good idea. What do you use to maintain the humidity?

I just use a pound of beads and random small boveda packs thrown about.
  • Like 1

Curious for those of you with coolers, how well do they keep a steady temp, especially in the summer.

As for me, I've been using a NewAir CC-100 fridge. Love the convenience of not having to worry about temp spikes. Keep 2lbs of beads in it for stable humidity. I'm pretty much at 67f and 64%rh all year around

If you are going to go with wood and a furniture type humidor look at Aristocrat Humadors. They make a first rate product.

Coolers work great, and if you’re going to put it in a cupboard somewhere then it’s no problem.

Have a look at an Ammodor. Google it. Might be something of interest if you’re going to keep it out in view. Would be a conversational piece. Pricey though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk