Monte 4, my steadfast companion. What’s yours?

REs and LEs and Añejados and Gran Reservas and all the rest may come and go. But my great friend the Monte 4 never lets me down. It knows what it wants to be and is always there when I need it. Like a great pair of jeans or boots or an old friend. It’s my go to. I love my robustos (RASS, BRC, etc.). But Monte 4 gets out of the way and (for me) just performs  

What’s yours?

• Like 3

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Received these today

REs and LEs and Añejados and Gran Reservas and all the rest may come and go. But my great friend the Monte 4 never lets me down. It knows what it wants to be and is always there when I need it. Like a

RASCC, excepting late 13/early 14 stock, has probably been the most dependable cigar for me over the last 12 years. I suppose I could throw Monte 5 and recently RG Perlas in there as well. Rock solid

RASCC, excepting late 13/early 14 stock, has probably been the most dependable cigar for me over the last 12 years. I suppose I could throw Monte 5 and recently RG Perlas in there as well. Rock solid dependable. 

My experience is that smaller cigars seem to be the most consistent over long periods of time. I've had far more bummer Monte 4s than Monte 5s and far more bummer RGPCs than RGPs. 

• Like 2

So interesting that Monte 4 is my dependable mate and your bummer! That’s the funny thing about cigars: One man’s trash is another man’s treasure. 

That said, RASCC is a beauty. And I agree with you on smaller being tied to dependability. Must have something to do with less-demanding tobacco needs for the blend. 

My go-to small format stick, especially when I need a quick Cuban fix after a disappointing smoke, is HdM Petit Robusto. The brown sugar and spice never seems to fail me.

• Like 1

Monte 4 is a fine cigar. A flavor bomb. Upmann petit coronas are also great but unless you have 20 boxes or more, they are smoked sparingly due to discontinuation. 

• Like 1