Monte 4, my steadfast companion. What’s yours?

23 hours ago, JohnS said:

San Cristobal de La Habana El Principes. They've been very reliable for me for awhile now.

As you know, I have great love for the El Principe. I just find the batting average on them a little lower than RASCC and Monte 5 over the last 12 years. And I am torn on the Minutos as I've always thought that when at their best, the BCJ is the best, but it's so hard to get good ones. I've always found them very inconsistent. But I would take an El Principe at it's best over the RASCC or Monte 5 at their best any day. 

• Like 2

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Received these today

REs and LEs and Añejados and Gran Reservas and all the rest may come and go. But my great friend the Monte 4 never lets me down. It knows what it wants to be and is always there when I need it. Like a

RASCC, excepting late 13/early 14 stock, has probably been the most dependable cigar for me over the last 12 years. I suppose I could throw Monte 5 and recently RG Perlas in there as well. Rock solid

A PLPC with about 4+ years of age on it. Always satifying to me any time of the day & any situation. If I have more time to smoke I just fire up another. Also, love the 50 cabs for aging. Sweet & rich caramel bombs.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2018 at 9:05 PM, shaffer22 said:

REs and LEs and Añejados and Gran Reservas and all the rest may come and go. But my great friend the Monte 4 never lets me down. It knows what it wants to be and is always there when I need it. Like a great pair of jeans or boots or an old friend. It’s my go to. I love my robustos (RASS, BRC, etc.). But Monte 4 gets out of the way and (for me) just performs  

What’s yours?

Monte 4 is just a classic cigar. I bought a 10 box of 2011s last year, and aside from some tight draws, they were sensational. It really reminded me why they sell so many. 

I tend to go through so many phases, it's hard for me to answer what mine is. I haven't been regularly smoking Cuban cigars long enough to have really developed a long-term thing, but Monte Petit Edmundo is a cigar I have gone back to a number of times, and I find it to be reliable and great. With non-Cubans, it would probably be the Oliva Melanio or Fuente Rosado Sungrown.

I love Monte 4s and always keep a supply to hand. I also find that the Epicure 1 is never far from my rotation. I tend to enjoy variety in my cigars but those two I tend to reach for the most.

My standby over the last year or so is anything in the Robusto/Hermoso 4 vitola except SLR Regios. I find Bolivar RC, PL Picadores, JL2, RASS, Party D4, Vegas Roby Famosos are the mainstays for me.

On 2/17/2018 at 3:25 PM, ErikB said:

22a3af3700a2bc3c01172bd1da8e6099.jpg this underdog just doesn’t disappoint

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Is that the tapados or the entretiempos? My buddy has been hounding me to get on the entretiempos bandwagon. I've been so backlogged with other stuff i've "needed", that I haven't gotten around to ordering them yet.

Is that the tapados or the entretiempos? My buddy has been hounding me to get on the entretiempos bandwagon. I've been so backlogged with other stuff i've "needed", that I haven't gotten around to ordering them yet.

That’s the Tapados

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:56 AM, foursite12 said:

Parti Shorts

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:41 AM, fitzy said:

Bolivar Corona Junior

These two are always reliable for me, 'steadfast' rotationals in my lineup. 

Have you smoked the entretiempos as well?

Yes but in my experience the Tapados is more consistent and the flavours more concentrated. Plus I prefer the size. But most Tapados I’ve smoked seem to be from 2015

31 minutes ago, ErikB said:

Yes but in my experience the Tapados is more consistent and the flavours more concentrated. Plus I prefer the size. But most Tapados I’ve smoked seem to be from 2015

Awesome good to know! I usually prefer thinner gauges for the higher wrapper:filler ratio. Good to hear some head to head comparison between the two vitolas. Thanks. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Wertman said:

Monte 4 are great but if the cost is the same would you choose HUPC or Monte 4 for short term smoking and long term aging never mind the fact about the d/c of the HUPC? @shaffer22

The edge goes to HUPC, but they’re different enough that I say have both!

1 hour ago, Philc2001 said:

Monte No.1 and No.4 have been super reliable for me this past year.  I can't get enough of them.

Monte No.4 is one of my favorite cigars when on. Had a few No.1's lately and I think I just found my new favorite. 

• Like 1