Monte 4, my steadfast companion. What’s yours?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Received these today

REs and LEs and Añejados and Gran Reservas and all the rest may come and go. But my great friend the Monte 4 never lets me down. It knows what it wants to be and is always there when I need it. Like a

RASCC, excepting late 13/early 14 stock, has probably been the most dependable cigar for me over the last 12 years. I suppose I could throw Monte 5 and recently RG Perlas in there as well. Rock solid

23 minutes ago, havanaclub said:

What code and year for the no4s have you found to be good? 16s or 17s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Down to my last one from box code MOB MAR 15, they were delicious. Haven't had any 16 or 17 in my humidor right now, just a few sticks of older (09,11).

• Like 1

Down to my last one from box code MOB MAR 15, they were delicious. Haven't had any 16 or 17 in my humidor right now, just a few sticks of older (09,11).

Thanks. I don’t chase codes, however knowing some codes and a good year gives you a better chance of getting a good box imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Doctorossi said:

Any words of review?

Smoked ROTT. Muted flavors first third. Started getting chocolatey and nutty in second third with occasional fruitiness. Power really kicked in on final third. Lots of savory, meaty flavors. REALLY intense nicotine buzz and heavy spiciness. Final third really came on strong

22 hours ago, Doctorossi said:

Any words of review?

Smoked another last night. Needed a little poking - whole box seems to be a bit tight-rolled and box pressed. No bother though. 

First third started spicy. Lots kf chocolate too. Second third was a whirlwind. Hazelnut, cinnamon, leather, cocoa. Intense. Final third vacillated between intensely chile spiciness and savory meatiness. Finished with bitter chocolate. 

These will be really good once they’ve had time to rest. I’ll be tbrowing ~10 of em into the box pass so lots of people get a chance to try em. They’ll definitely benefit from extended rest. Just 3 days in my wineador and the box aroma has already exponentially intensified. 

• Like 1