On 4/14/2018 at 9:25 PM, Buck14 said:

Buy a 46 quart plastic container of Amazon for around $20 and two 320 gram 65 rH Boveda mega packs for $20 each. For $60 you’ll have yourself a fantastic humidor that will store around 15-20 boxes of cigars.

I recommend making sure that it's a "weathertight" type. I have 2 of these and they hold RH like a champ

IRIS Weathertight Storage Box, 41 Quart Weathertight - Clear

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003IB0JCW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm more of Heartfelt beads guy.  I bought 2 of their nylon bags and have fist sized amount of beads in each tub.  This arrangement hold RH much better than my 3 desktop wood humidors.  Actually I have an antique Cooper lined humidor smoke stand that keeps RH better than the wooded desktops  

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For Newcomers only.  No question will go unanswered. No smartarse comments, no reference to using the search engine. We will answer each and every one...as many times as necessary  We were a

This is good policy.    If "newb" questions bother you, better to move along rather than offer up snarky comments.

Make sure the RH in the box (and the room it is in) is lower than that of your humidor! Especially if it has been raining for a few days. People sometimes forget or don't realise their home could have

I could have sworn I read somewhere on here that you need a minimum number of posts and have been a member of the site for a certain amount of time before ordering through the 24:24, but I can’t find it anywhere now. Is this correct or was I dreaming? If so, what is the minimum posts and time? Thanks. 

Jody

56 minutes ago, Jody said:

I could have sworn I read somewhere on here that you need a minimum number of posts and have been a member of the site for a certain amount of time before ordering through the 24:24, but I can’t find it anywhere now. Is this correct or was I dreaming? If so, what is the minimum posts and time? Thanks. 

Jody

Not that I am aware of.  I could be wrong but never heard that before.

• Like 1

Jody
That requirement is to gain access to the underground sub forum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, luv2fly said:

Not that I am aware of.  I could be wrong but never heard that before.

59 minutes ago, prodigy said:

That requirement is to gain access to the underground sub forum.

Ok, thanks guys. I appreciate the responses. Take care. 

Jody

I've often seen people use custom, handwritten bands to indicate vitola, box, and date code on sticks they're sharing. To anyone who does this: do you do this just before you mail out the sticks, or do you label them in your humidor? I acquired some of these labels, and I'm not sure if I should be going through the trouble of labeling things in case sticks get mixed up.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've often seen people use custom, handwritten bands to indicate vitola, box, and date code on sticks they're sharing. To anyone who does this: do you do this just before you mail out the sticks, or do you label them in your humidor? I acquired some of these labels, and I'm not sure if I should be going through the trouble of labeling things in case sticks get mixed up.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

If you have a few of the same cigars but from different years or codes go ahead and throw a label on them. If I’m sending someone something and the cigars are still in the box I’ll label them before I put them in the bag.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, zking said:

What do you guys do about plugged cigars? I waisted a stick tonight cause I could get any draw off it.

Just to follow up, check out this thread:

I'm not a shill and I don't actually even own one, but this is the go to when someone mentions a tent peg.

• Like 1

I saw the perfect draw tool. I took a pair of pliers and straightened out a fish hook. It took out some of the tobacco an opened it enough to smoke. Not my idea, i read it online somewhere. I was almost done buying cubans until this discovery. Now granted i did not know about foh when i was buying them. I am new here and my next purchase will be something off one of the 24:24's in hopes of getting better quality. 

How do you direct reply to someone's topic?

19 hours ago, OllyBond said:

How do you direct reply to someone's topic?

Do you mean direct reply to somebody's post, like this?

If so, use the quote button below the post. The plus symbol is used to reply to multiple posts.

is there a minimum standard of quality for the boxes that are sold on the online store?  Like, is nothing less than PE for example?  Or is there the chance that you'll buy a box with 5 or 6 cracked feet?  Hope this doesn't offend Rob or the staff, my only purchases have been from the 24:24 so I have no experience with the online store.

Many thanks!

2 hours ago, Silverstix said:

is there a minimum standard of quality for the boxes that are sold on the online store?  Like, is nothing less than PE for example?  Or is there the chance that you'll buy a box with 5 or 6 cracked feet?  Hope this doesn't offend Rob or the staff, my only purchases have been from the 24:24 so I have no experience with the online store.

Many thanks!

Buy with confidence, all PE or above, and checked by a member of the team before dispatch. Cracked feet, or sub-PE boxes will go on 24:24 as 'seconds' where the issues with the cigars are clearly marked by Rob

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Do you mean direct reply to somebody's post, like this?

If so, use the quote button below the post. The plus symbol is used to reply to multiple posts.

Thanks Fuzz

I have a question about how the allocation of mixed grades on 24:24 work?

When a given cigar is put up for sale with a mixed grade, such as PSP/HQ or PSP/HQ (Mostly), etc, how are the higher grades then allocated out?   Is it based purely on a first come first serve basis (by the timing of the request email to Diana)? Or, are there any other factors involved that help decide who, within the given pool of buyers for that particular cigar, is allocated the higher or (highest) grades first?   Many thanks!

I have a question about how the allocation of mixed grades on 24:24 work?
When a given cigar is put up for sale with a mixed grade, such as PSP/HQ or PSP/HQ (Mostly), etc, how are the higher grades then allocated out?   Is it based purely on a first come first serve basis (by the timing of the request email to Diana)? Or, are there any other factors involved that help decide who, within the given pool of buyers for that particular cigar, is allocated the higher or (highest) grades first?   Many thanks!
I was told that it's purely random. The boxes were a mix of grades and they are just picked and sent, so you don't know until they arrive.

Would you all recommend as a first purchase to do the New to Cuban Samplers over a box of another cigar? My thinking was that if I purchased a box that was recommended I wouldn't really know if that was what I liked or what to compare it to but with the sampler it may better help me find what flavors I like and then help with future box purchases by looking for those same notes and tastes?

Sorry if this is obvious but just want to make sure I make my first purchase correctly.

44 minutes ago, Spy said:

Would you all recommend as a first purchase to do the New to Cuban Samplers over a box of another cigar? My thinking was that if I purchased a box that was recommended I wouldn't really know if that was what I liked or what to compare it to but with the sampler it may better help me find what flavors I like and then help with future box purchases by looking for those same notes and tastes?

Sorry if this is obvious but just want to make sure I make my first purchase correctly.

Definitely go with samplers. If you are new to Cuban cigars, or cigars in general, you don't know what you like yet. Stick with the samplers, buy a few different ones in the beginning and just experiment. Once you find a size and style you like (this will take a while), then go for quarter boxes (if offered) or just single box.

7 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

Definitely go with samplers. If you are new to Cuban cigars, or cigars in general, you don't know what you like yet. Stick with the samplers, buy a few different ones in the beginning and just experiment. Once you find a size and style you like (this will take a while), then go for quarter boxes (if offered) or just single box.

Perfect, thanks for your help! 

Just placed an order for the New to Cubans Sampler and threw in a RyJ Churchill just for fun :)

• Like 3