Colibri Dual Cutters

I have the SV cutter. It’s a little chunky to my liking and while the V cut side works great, the straight cut kind of squishes the cap.

Probably a good cutter for vacations but i find myself reaching for other cutters when home.

18 minutes ago, nvrp813 said:

I have the SV cutter. It’s a little chunky to my liking and while the V cut side works great, the straight cut kind of squishes the cap.

Probably a good cutter for vacations but i find myself reaching for other cutters when home.

Thank you. That's what I was worried about after seeing this video:

Thank you. That's what I was worried about after seeing this video:

Ahhh.. Good ol’ Bryan Glynn. After watching that video i would say he pretty much summed up my experience
  • Like 1

I bought the quasar for my dad this past Christmas. I got to use it with him a couple time before he went back home. It has some serious weight to it, and definitely tabletop, it’s roughly between the size of a baseball and a softball. The action was super smooth and stable, made a really nice cut. From what I could tell, it seemed very well made.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@nvrp813 Thanks for the input. I've been leaning towards the Quasar but $125 is a lot of money for a cutter. If they had a lifetime warranty like Xikar I would be less hesitant. 

@PrairieSmoke That sounds very encouraging. Do you think it's worth the money? 

@NorCalAaron I've got a friend that also swears by the regular Colibri V cutter. 

I don’t have a lot of history with the cutter at this point, but I would be stunned if it didn’t last for many years. Everything about it felt sturdy and well made. It is more than a cutter, it is a conversation piece for a smoking room.

You are right it is pricey, but my dad has a dedicated cigar room that he entertains in so I felt it was worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...