Friday Funny

A little aggressive but that was funny.

When I was a kid I was sitting in the back of a station wagon as I watched a guy pump gas into the car and he held a lit cigarette in his pump hand. I thought we were all dead.

1 hour ago, prodigy said:

A lit cigarette won't ignite gasoline. By several hundred degrees.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

While that may be true, the vapors will ignite at a much lower temperature and a cigarette will certainly accomplish that.  Remind me not to go to the gas station with you. LOL

While that may be true, the vapors will ignite at a much lower temperature and a cigarette will certainly accomplish that.  Remind me not to go to the gas station with you. LOL
Myth busters tried to ignite gasoline a dozen different ways with a lit cigarette. Even the vapors, and it just can't be done. Even with a fully glowing ember. I don't smoke, and I would probably feel uneasy seeing someone smoking at the pump. However it's just not possible for the cigarette itself to start a .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, madandana said:

A little aggressive but that was funny.

When I was a kid I was sitting in the back of a station wagon as I watched a guy pump gas into the car and he held a lit cigarette in his pump hand. I thought we were all dead.

Not much difference in that and me holding a lit cigar in the same hand that holds my drink.  The size of the explosion, I suppose.  :lol3: