Blind Tasting Reviews Cigar Number 1 : FOH INT 2018 Blind Tasting Comp

Hello to everyone who is partaking in this years Blind Tasting Competition :D

I actually love doing this comp as it is great fun for us and for the participants

Everyone should have received their Bling Tasting Cigars by now but if you haven't no need to panic as they will be there very soon , we suggest you let them rest for a little

This is the thread to place your thoughts about what you think the flavour profile is and how it smoked ...... PLEASE DO NOT DISCLOSE WHAT YOU THINK IT IS .. just email Lisa   [email protected]

Once we have everyone's responses we will reveal the cigar.

The final date for your result is Monday April 16th ( Australian Time ;) )  Note: I DO NOT take bribes LOL

Just to remind everyone of the rules 

The Rules 

First of all thanks to Di and Lisa. Keep in mind with some 100 + participants, communication and re-banding cigars (numbered 1-5) is a time consuming process.

There will be 
Five cigars picked by myself . These are Standard Production Cigars (No Regional, Edicion Limitada or Specialty Cigars). I will pick the cigars when in the warehouse this week.

1. Cigars (all 5 and bandless and are numbered 1-5 in order they are to be smoked) will be sent the week of the 6th of February. I will select cigars from same code and aroma/wrapper appearance as best I can.

2. . Cigars selected will be in current production.

The post smoking process

1. First cigar (labelled Cigar Number 1) is to  smoked by April 16th. This will give you enough time to lay them down for 30 days rest minimum. You will e-mail Lisa your nomination for that cigar by April 16th.

I will have a dedicated thread for 2018 FOH BLIND TASTING Cigar 1 pinned to the forum from  end Feb . You are invited to provide a brief review but not disclose the cigar on the forum. You will e-mail Lisa your selection. April 4th (or earlier if you wish). I will post up a spreadsheet of the results and the answer.

For the following cigars it is easy. Cigar 2 by the first Monday of May, June, July, August.  Each time I will post the results via spreadsheet on the forum 7 days after the close of date. 

To the winner (who can correctly select most cigars sent) A $500 Gift voucher (USD/AUD). In the event of a tie, prize is split.  Must be used within 90 Days of the end of the competition 

Also: A $25 credit for any cigar you pick right to be used on a box (or sampler) purchase over $125 (USD/AUD) from the carts or 24:24 stock. This must be used within 20 days of the winners of that round being announced (prior to the next round of winners being announced). This will keep the admin process nice and easy...says I ....who will have no part of the admin process

Happy Smoking 

Lisa

• Like 1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having a go at #1!

Pretty good. I'm not sure I guessed right but I'll be pissed off if it turns out to be one of my regular smokes. lol

Hmmmm... Yeah, difficult decision. Took one for the group Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Excited to do this but these all look like nc's
Yup, Rob sent us all NC....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

It didn't sell out for like 8 hours if I remember correctly....

46 minutes ago, prodigy said:

It didn't sell out for like 8 hours if I remember correctly...

Hey, I've got a good woe-is-me going on here; let's not bring technical realities to bear on it.  ;)

Kidding aside, it was still very easy for me to miss that window and it was mighty frustrating after waiting a whole year.

• Like 1

I'll probably give mine 2 more weeks. I'm almost certain I know what it is.

After multiple failed deliveries all around town and 30 min drive this morning to another town post office I now have my sampler in hand. Down for a rest until my bday April 8th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Sticks arrived today...looking forward to making a COMPLETE ASS of myself!! Good luck, all!

+1 here brotha!! Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1