HANDICAPPED BOXPASS 2018 - Complete!

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Skydiving day with my stepmom. Got the email. Will respond this afternoon. ??

I’m looking at it like this...I’m trying a few cigars I haven’t before. If I put some of my humidor into the pass and if someone else gets to take one for a taste, all for the greater enjoyment of th

5 hours ago, FatherOfPugs said:

Bump so this doesn't fall too far into the abyss.

We’ve got plenty of time before the box goes in the mail. Wouldn’t be the end of the world if there were a couple of last minute slots left open for latecomers. Besides we already have 27 people signed up. That’s a solid list. 

Oh what the heck. Was going to stay sober on this but cannot resist.

But shipping to me will take forever and cost a ton. What I would like to do is mail a participant’s portion to you @cfc1016 to put in the launch box to contribute. If you would like 25 five finger bags, I can send that too.

How about that?

CB

*P.S. no return trade required. A gift to the process, brothers.

Cheers brothers!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, canadianbeaver said:

But shipping to me will take forever and cost a ton. What I would like to do is mail a participant’s portion to you @cfc1016 to put in the launch box to contribute. If you would like 25 five finger bags, I can send that too.

How about that?

CB

Cheers brothers!

I’m gonna be in touch with CB to see if we can figure out a way to coordinate her participation without complicating the stateside logistics 

??

• Like 2

Looks like we got to the slowdown in registration. Anyone have any objection to making an exception (noone from wertman’s pass participating as a newbie in this one) and bringing @shaffer22 on as a newbie? He was a huge help in the process of figuring out the handicap system. I’d love to have him involved. 

I’m a man of principle, nonetheless. If I’m gonna violate a rule I myself wrote (for the benefit of others, albeit), I’m atleast going to run it by you guys first! ??

Looks like we got to the slowdown in registration. Anyone have any objection to making an exception (noone from wertman’s pass participating as a newbie in this one) and bringing [mention=4854]shaffer22[/mention] on as a newbie? He was a huge help in the process of figuring out the handicap system. I’d love to have him involved. 
I’m a man of principle, nonetheless. If I’m gonna violate a rule I myself wrote (for the benefit of others, albeit), I’m atleast going to run it by you guys first!
No issues for me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If there is still room I would be interested in this. I can roll as a newb or experienced. I dont have a lot of CC's butit could be fun. If I am too late oh well my fault for being busy.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dijit said:

If there is still room I would be interested in this. I can roll as a newb or experienced. I dont have a lot of CC's butit could be fun. If I am too late oh well my fault for being busy.

I’ll put you in as a newbie. 

On 3/29/2018 at 8:11 AM, canadianbeaver said:

How about that?

CB

*P.S. no return trade required. A gift to the process, brothers.

Cheers brothers!

The old saying IS true! Our neighbors to the north are just plain nicer! ? 

We’ll all be indebted to you for the kind gesture. Hopefully when the box gets back around to me at the end, I’ll be able to direct mail a care package up to the great white north ?

31 minutes ago, BuzzArd said:

I have myriad issues....

However none relate to this box pass, members, or exceptions.

Carry on. 

You never got back to me about what kind of engines you work on. I’m a volkswagen diesel guy, in terms of what I’ve got the most hours logged of weenching on. 

My favorite vehicle i ever worked on though, was my 78 chevy custom 20. Previous owner had it as a project. He dropped a crate goodwrench 350, cammed, with edelbrock short rise and holly 4 barrel into it. New drivetrain/wheels/tires too.  He never got it running before he died. His sons weren’t mechanically inclined, to say the least. They sold me that truck for $550 and a... ‘left handed cigarette’. 

Shot the timing gun, retuned the carb to adjust for the unknown rise/lift ratios on the aftermarket cam, and that baby got me from bellingham, WA to easton, MD. What a truck. Such a joy to work on, too. Ya coulda fit 3 Jethros under the hood of that beast. 

My fuel pump died on me on my way to class one day. I thumbed a ride to napa, borrowed a long extension (for that tucked away third bolt), swapped the pump, AND returned the socket extension... all in 30 minutes. 

If i wanted to replace a fuel pump on my ALH TDI, I’d be dropping a solid chunk of change, and pulling my timing belt to do it. Ain’t no 30 minute job. I miss workin on that ol’ small block. 

Oh, sorry.  Whatever is in front of me.  Air cooled VWs for years.  Now moonlight at a machine shop that builds everything.  For instance, theres a '58 ferrari berlinetta by ellena v12 in there right now.  Cool car.  Cool story.  Current owner bought the car for back storage fees sans engine.  Internet search found a '58 v12 which he was pretty excited about and he bought it.  Turned out its the motor that was in his car originally. 

IMG_0350.thumb.JPG.0aa5a0af570604b99265e40d56955300.JPG

There's also a Austin healey sprite motor being done, a straight six from an E type Jag, a 462 MEL from a '67 (i think) Lincoln.  A bunch of modular Fords and LS Cheby motors.  Theres a 426 wedge just finished from a 60s mopar somethingorother.  One of the coolest by far for me was helping disassemble 1965 Ford GT40 chassis No 109 hipo 289.  That motor was completed as was the car in time for a big GT 40 reunion at pebble beach   

https://www.conceptcarz.com/profile/25147,1004/1965-ford-gt40.aspx

Here's a pic on the dyno after the build.   Thought I still had before shots on my iphone but apparently not...

IMG_0406.thumb.PNG.0fe470bb7e2cb60ed18fdbc4c0946696.PNG

Working on my own '37 Plymouth flathead lately.   It's about done.    Can't wait.... 

I'll usually just be disassembling these various motors on Saturdays because I have a real job. My pal gets them back in shape. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, taylorgov2 said:

I'm a newbie and would love to be added to the box pass list if there is still a slot available. I don't have anything rare but do have quite a few regular production CCs from a variety of brands. 

Thanks for obliging my verification process. Will add you to the list. 

That should be our 20th spot. List is full! I’ll get a pm out to everyone about logistics later tonight. Once everyone emails me the pertinent info, I’ll begin the process of routing the box’s itinerary. 

Let’s see. One train leaves Cleveland at 0730, headed south at an average velocity of 43.2mph...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FatherOfPugs said:

Looking forward to it! Thanks for organizing @cfc1016!

My pleasure! Looking forward to summer! Gonna be like the forst day of school when i send that baby out. 

I was exhausted last night and didn’t get around to sending out that mass pm. Will try to do it tonight after work. Thankfully it’s not a rush ?

@Azksig @Rhino @jerrybrowne @jsummers157 @awkwardPause @Buck14 @Hotboxx @JLFIRST @nsills @Wertman @vidast @BOSCO @shaffer22

Hey guys. Everyone else has responded to my group PM about the pass logistics. Please send me that email with your formatted info so I can start working on the box's itinerary. Between 30 separate addresses spanning the continent, and multiple people's summer vacation plans, I'm going to have a LOT of logistical work to do in planning the route. The more time I have to get it done, the better. Thanks guys.

Cruise Director Julie, signing off. B)

• Like 3

• cfc1016 changed the title to *NE* HANDICAPPED BOXPASS 2018
  • JohnS pinned this topic
  • JohnS unpinned this topic