HANDICAPPED BOXPASS 2018 - Complete!

2 hours ago, Buck14 said:

Hey @cfc1016, please note that @jsummers157 is clearly a VET and would be a fantastic edition to your PASS. @jsummers157 is a legend over in the USA Subforum.

@cfc1016 it’s your world, I’m just livin’ in it, but thought I could vouch for js.

@jsummers157

Ack. I should really refrain from looking at FOH on my phone during the workday, lol. Bad eyes and a small screen make for missed details.

I'm just seeing this post by @Buck14 clearly now. Got you on board as a vet. Thanks for joining us!!!

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Skydiving day with my stepmom. Got the email. Will respond this afternoon. ??

I’m looking at it like this...I’m trying a few cigars I haven’t before. If I put some of my humidor into the pass and if someone else gets to take one for a taste, all for the greater enjoyment of th

Just now, smokeyjoe01 said:

Is this USA only? UK newbie here...

Yeah, sorry. I guess I should have clarified that. Going through customs is a complication I don't really want to take on.

Someone should organize a UK boxpass... Shipping would probably be quick. Didn't Clarkson, May and Hammond prove that UK post is faster to cross the whole of Britain than a porsche panamera??:lol:

• Like 2

20 hours ago, FatherOfPugs said:

Looks like this is shaping up nicely!

Agreed! We’ve still got plenty of time too, as I don’t plan to start the box until summer. 

Newbies - what questions do you have? I and the other vets are happy to help. (Disclaimer - despite not having been on FOH terribly long, I’ve been at this habanos game for >20 years. Happy to share my experience)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, PrairieSmoke said:

I have a clarification on the point system. Since it is 2018 is a 2016 box code a 2-5 year category cigar?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unless other vets would prefer to be less lenient with this, I would say the best way to factor that would be to go strictly by the month code. If you're putting a NOV 16 stick in the box in july of 2018, then no. If you're putting an ENE 16 (january) stick in in july, then yes.

• Like 1

Unless other vets would prefer to be less lenient with this, I would say the best way to factor that would be to go strictly by the month code. If you're putting a NOV 16 stick in the box in july of 2018, then no. If you're putting an ENE 16 (january) stick in in july, then yes.

That’s exactly what I needed to know. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ouftastic said:

I would like to join, I consider myself a newbie (<1 year) with a few aged/HTF boxes. No idea which list I should sign up for.

Hey Zag. Based off of what I know about your collection, and your buying habits :lol: I'd say that by the time the pass hits the air in summer, you'll be more than qualified (in terms of what you're able to put) as a vet. If you want a little extra leeway, I might suggest we add you as a "'tweener". Maybe give you half a point handicap per stick instead of the full point?

You do have a pretty impressive collection of unusual sticks for someone who's been in the CC game as briefly as you have. Makes you sort of an unusual case as far as classification in the binary newbie/vet designation.

Lemme know how you feel about those ideas.

4 hours ago, cfc1016 said:

Hey Zag. Based off of what I know about your collection, and your buying habits :lol: I'd say that by the time the pass hits the air in summer, you'll be more than qualified (in terms of what you're able to put) as a vet. If you want a little extra leeway, I might suggest we add you as a "'tweener". Maybe give you half a point handicap per stick instead of the full point?

You do have a pretty impressive collection of unusual sticks for someone who's been in the CC game as briefly as you have. Makes you sort of an unusual case as far as classification in the binary newbie/vet designation.

Lemme know how you feel about those ideas.

Sounds good man! I did go from NC 5er samplers to aged CC boxes pretty quickly :lol:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ouftastic said:

Sounds good man! I did go from NC 5er samplers to aged CC boxes pretty quickly :lol:

Ok so how about vet but with 2 total (not per stick) bonus handicap points for being new. You cool with that?

Anyone else object?

8 hours ago, cfc1016 said:

@BuzzArd a little birdie told me i should reach out to you about this. You keen?

I can do it.  You have to explain it to me slowly, and in words no longer than two syllables though....  

I can build you an engine, but I can't figure out a box pass....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BuzzArd said:

I can do it.  You have to explain it to me slowly, and in words no longer than two syllables though....  

I can build you an engine, but I can't figure out a box pass....

Glad to have you!

What kind of engines do you work on?

• cfc1016 changed the title to *NE* HANDICAPPED BOXPASS 2018
  • JohnS pinned this topic
  • JohnS unpinned this topic