the world cup.

Ken Gargett

i think we can probably agree that our motley crew are not likely to bring home the cup. so who will? 

here is your chance for sporting immortality. pick the two semi finals, the finalists and the winner. and the golden boot (do we have that?). who will win the zidane award for stupidity? i'm sure rob will be happy to provide cigars as a prize for this (perhaps not the zidane). 

anyway, this might assist - http://global.espn.com/football/fifa-world-cup/4/blog/post/3433930/world-cup-2018-only-germany-brazil-argentina-france-spain-have-chance-to-win

my semi-finalists are germany, belgium, spain and brazil. spain to beat brazil in the final. de gea to be robbed of the best player which goes to neymar of the runners-up. 

is bitey still playing? suarez for the zidane, if he is there. 

Just now, JohnS said:

We may need to find out who will actually show up after the universal condemnation of the chemical nerve agent attack on Sergie and Yulia Skripal.

john, be staggered if it is not every team. as much as they sprout the politics and positives of such an action, can you imagine how popular the britIsh govt would be if they took england (not sure if any other from the UK?). guaranteed way to not get elected ever again.

and we'll do nothing because it was not done to us. if the UK and others did pull out, we might. but unlikely. 

Argentina looks terrible this year. Shut down messi and they have nothing going for them. They barely scarped by in qualifiers. 

Brazil looks strong this year and will be the best option out of S. America. In Europe Germany is still top dog and has the best change to win it all in my opinion. Spain and Belgium are dark horses that could easily go the whole way. I ran a quick simulation and I had as the Semi-finals Brazil vs France and Germany vs Spain. The finals would be Germany vs Brazil and Brazil winning it all to avenge the last world cup debacle. 

So my prediction aligns closely with Fuzz 

On 30/03/2018 at 6:37 AM, Ken Gargett said:

john, be staggered if it is not every team.

Scotland will turn up.

We might not have qualified, but, trust me, that’s when we’re at our most dangerous. ???????

• Like 1

• 1 month later...