What should I smoke? You choose!

What should I smoke? You choose!  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My workload has been ridiculous for the last few months, and, coupled with a growing realisation that the time has come for a lifestyle change, this has meant a bit of a self-enforced exile from the cigars (and the beer, and the whisky, etc).

But there is light at the end of the tunnel! Two weeks today, I will finally be free, temporarily at least, from the bonds of drudgery. (And rabbit food, and mineral water). Having lost 15kg (and as many centimetres from my waist measurement), I feel that a wee bit of a celebration will be in order.

So it’s time to raid the stash for a nice cigar. Not a “Scotland won the World Cup” cigar - let’s be honest, stuff THAT good simply doesn’t exist - but, let’s say, if not a top-notch celebration cigar, then a properly good medium-aged cigar.

Here’s my shortlist. I can’t decide.

Please choose for me!

Glad you can hear you can loosen the bonds a bit!

id love you to smoke the Partagas Seleccion Privada .

I have one of these in my humidor too and would be great to know what to expect. 

Guest Nekhyludov

The LFdC Gran Cano is smoking extremely well lately.

Save the SLR DC for when Scotland wins the World Cup :D

What an excellent post! The Partagas Seleccion Privada please!

And a review, even a short one would be fantastic. Pics or it didn't happen :-)

My second vote would be SLR DC. I can't believe I just typed that...

Thanks very much!

You've got some quality options there, @ayepatz! I'm interested to know if that '09 Saint Luis Rey Double Corona is bland as dowel or the exact opposite, i.e. light cocoa, lemon and honey heaven!

P.S. Well done on the dedication to the midriff. I've got to go there myself (again!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnS said:

You've got some quality options there, @ayepatz! I'm interested to know if that '09 Saint Luis Rey Double Corona is bland as dowel or the exact opposite, i.e. light cocoa, lemon and honey heaven!

P.S. Well done on the dedication to the midriff. I've got to go there myself (again!)

Thanks man!

Whole lotta love for the SLRDC. It’s looking a likely winner, so far.

Over a year since my last one, and there was no citrus in that one, and very little honey!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, garbandz said:

SLR Double Corona

No surprise it is #1.

Fundy is definitely 2..........

The Fundy is sticking with the SLR. Still got the best part of a fortnight to go. I’m already smacking my chops in anticipation of an SLRDC, so I hope it doesn’t change now! 

But I love that so many people have voted so far. Maybe we should try to make it a regular site feature? 

“What should I smoke this weekend?” or something like that? Put up a poll on a Monday, let folks vote all week, and then post a review of the winning cigar?

• Like 1

I voted for the Duke, has I've not really heard that much about them in a good while.

I have a feeling that out of that list (or any list) Fundys just have a habit of outclassing everything else, even SLRDC's. 

Whatever it is, enjoy it dude

• Like 1

Leaned toward the Dukes myself as I really enjoyed them earlier on. That and the Gran Cano.

Had to go with the Trini though, those are a go to for me.

• 2 weeks later...

So, today's the day!

And the winner, by a slim margin, is the Saint Luis Rey Double Corona from OTS DIC 09.

Great choice!

I've dug out a couple of sticks for @JoeyGunz and me to smoke later, and they're looking very tempting indeed...

I'll post a review later.

Big thanks to everybody who voted! 

SLRDC.thumb.jpg.14863264f8fd0a31e0d41440ced5a975.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Now not to out do your impressive sticks or photography skill’s @ayepatz

I’ll be bringing a couple of bent Le Hoyo Du Maire from ‘07 as I know you like them skinny....

6E7E187C-E310-4D8F-9870-4E07E2CD3B9D.thumb.jpeg.c5f1a11b2675515ac1c55afdf0ac678c.jpeg

oh and I also bought a couple Punch DC’s although the box code escapes me. They’re either 10 or 20 years old.

67656778-4041-4CE5-9B2F-D076B763EE35.thumb.jpeg.026e985b3901519a97be50f35066de73.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JoeyGunz said:

Now not to out do your impressive sticks or photography skill’s @ayepatz

I’ll be bringing a couple of bent Le Hoyo Du Maire from ‘07 as I know you like them skinny....

6E7E187C-E310-4D8F-9870-4E07E2CD3B9D.thumb.jpeg.c5f1a11b2675515ac1c55afdf0ac678c.jpeg

oh and I also bought a couple Punch DC’s although the box code escapes me. They’re either 10 or 20 years old.

67656778-4041-4CE5-9B2F-D076B763EE35.thumb.jpeg.026e985b3901519a97be50f35066de73.jpeg

Ooh, goodies! ?