My First Order

2 hours ago, liquid360 said:

Huge fan of Dunhill. The bamboo is the most expensive pipe I’ve yet to purchase. It’s by one I believe is among the top five carvers alive today, Cornelius maenz

Oh, sure, a Mänz! So I wasn't too far off the mark (as for him being much inspired by the Danish masters and friends with Tom). Owning a cute little (blasted) bamboo acorn by him myself. Congrats to your nice smooth piece! Not easy to come by these days. Cornelius truly is the top of the crop out there, also technically. Hard thing always about these things of art and beauty is bringing yourself to actually smoking them... :D. Do you?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This guy right here lol Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Years ago I ordered a box of Cohiba Esplendido. It ended up being a VERY expensive box of fakes. I swore that would be the end of such things for me. It was okay as i love Padrons and Opus. After meet

I recently received my first order and understand your feelings of concern! I started feeling much better after viewing the "What's your latest CC purchase?" thread and saw the pictures of the recent

Welcome along, you've most definitely come to the right place!! BTW, if whilst on the journey that you've now embarked upon, you discover a need to make some room, I'll be more than happy to get rid of those nasty old Padrons for you :wink2: 

Oh, sure, a Mänz! So I wasn't too far off the mark (as for him being much inspired by the Danish masters and friends with Tom). Owning a cute little (blasted) bamboo acorn by him myself. Congrats to your nice smooth piece! Not easy to come by these days. Cornelius truly is the top of the crop out there, also technically. Hard thing always about these things of art and beauty is bringing yourself to actually smoking them... . Do you?

Nope you were close! I’m ordering a commissioned pipe with him. We’re working on design now. Very exciting!
You’re absolutely correct. It’s akin to buying a Van Gogh and bringing a flame near it. Nope, can’t smoke the damn thing. ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

The wise thing to do: After ordering from a vendor that’s new to you, wait to receive your first order to be certain you’re satisfied before ordering again.

What I Did: placed a second order before my first has left the continent, a box of Hoyo Epi 2 ☹️ this is how my life goes. Knowing what’s wise, yet making a different choice. Stupid.

• Like 1

The wise thing to do: After ordering from a vendor that’s new to you, wait to receive your first order to be certain you’re satisfied before ordering again.

What I Did: placed a second order before my first has left the continent, a box of Hoyo Epi 2 ️ this is how my life goes. Knowing what’s wise, yet making a different choice. Stupid.

There's nothing wrong with that decision. I told myself around Christmas I needed to stop looking at 2424. A cohiba sampler, a double Corona sampler, the blind tasting review comp, and 12 boxes later, I still look...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've lurked for a long time, joined last month and finally made my first purchase this week.  Look forward to receiving the cigars and have no concerns about it happening.  Rob's been doing this for a long time and it is always well handled!

Have no fear and enjoy your new cigars when they come in :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, liquid360 said:

What I Did: placed a second order before my first has left the continent, a box of Hoyo Epi 2 ☹️ this is how my life goes. Knowing what’s wise, yet making a different choice. Stupid.

When I first found this site,  I would read the forum,  and just lurked around for a year before I made my first purchase. I was apprehensive,  as you. Now a year and three months after the first purchase,  and well over a hundred boxes, I have yet to be disappointed in any of the boxes, I have received.  The wealth of knowledge about cigars here is astounding. Some of the nicest and most helpful people that you will find anywhere.

• Like 1

When I first found this site,  I would read the forum,  and just lurked around for a year before I made my first purchase. I was apprehensive,  as you. Now a year and three months after the first purchase,  and well over a hundred boxes, I have yet to be disappointed in any of the boxes, I have received.  The wealth of knowledge about cigars here is astounding. Some of the nicest and most helpful people that you will find anywhere.

I have a strong feeling I’ll be walking a path similar to yours

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TBird55 said:

“Well over a hundred boxes” in 15 months. Respect! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MDC81 said:

“Well over a hundred boxes” in 15 months. Respect! 

Have been trying to build inventory for aging and smoking.  Once I have sufficient boxes put aside, (haven't come up with what that amount is yet) then I'll just replace what I smoke. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, liquid360 said:

Not stupid. Expectations will be exceeded. You’re good! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TBird55 said:

Have been trying to build inventory for aging and smoking.  Once I have sufficient boxes put aside, (haven't come up with what that amount is yet) then I'll just replace what I smoke. 

I love it. I’m always trying to remind myself that it’s a marathon and not a sprint. I sprinted this last week though... 

• Like 1

I love it. I’m always trying to remind myself that it’s a marathon and not a sprint. I sprinted this last week though... 

Wait just one second... this is a marathon?!!?! Crap, I’m sorry to hear that.

1 hour ago, liquid360 said:

Wait just one second... this is a marathon?!!?! Crap, I’m sorry to hear that.

Just to clarify: It’s a marathon for me because I can’t buy everything I want when I want it. My goal is to buy at least 30 boxes a year. That’s obviously not a lot to some, may be a lot to others. 

• Like 1

Just to clarify: It’s a marathon for me because I can’t buy everything I want when I want it. My goal is to buy at least 30 boxes a year. That’s obviously not a lot to some, may be a lot to others. 

30 Boxes a year is no small amount of cigars... for how long do you plan to keep that pace?

I smoke a lot and I want to have a lot resting/aging. How long are you gonna keep buying pipes?

Pipes? Well, I do one commissioned pipe per year with Michael Parks. I’m doing a commissioned pipe with Cornelius Mänz, but that’s likely a year and a half or more away. Beyond those, I just buy when whenever I find one that inspires my inner voice to scream “we must possess that one there... yonder beyond them hills!!”

I get it. I got a little defensive over your question about keeping up the pace on buying cigars.

I love cigars (obviously) but I do have some guilt over how often I smoke. I smoke a lot of petit corona and robusto size, between seven and fourteen a week. Special occasions I smoke more, for example; I smoked twelve cigars during the four days of The Masters. So... only about half of what I buy stands a chance to get any real rest. I’m not terribly interested in buying aged stock, so to get to a point where I can have some boxes with 3+ years on them I have to buy more than I smoke. 

I’m still a newbie to CC’s, perhaps someday that pace will slow down, life happens and things change. For now and the foreseeable future, I’m buying all I can afford. Cheers. 

• Like 1