Whynter

zking

I have a WHYNTER CHC-172BD 1.8 CU. FT humidor that will not get up to humidity. I have 13 boveda 69% packs inside. It won't get passed 54% any one have advice. This unit is brand new and I dont have any cigars in it yet.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I would put a piece of tape over the drain hole in the inside bottom back of the unit and see if that helps after a few days. You may decide to remove the tape at some point so don’t permanently seal the drain. Condensation being your next problem. Check the seals around the door for imperfections. I would also put another hygrometer in there just to make sure the primary one isn’t slow to react to change. Additional circulation fan and filling up the unit with cigars will also stabilize the rh. After fighting with mine for years, I found the best method for my situation was to unplug it and rely on ambient air conditioning for temp. Cooling cycle dramatically lowers your rh. I think that piggy is the only person out there that has really mastered the wineador. These units are designed for wine and while they advertise they are for cigars, personally, I disagree. You can’t just throw some cedar in a wine fridge and call it a climate controlled humidor. 

• Like 1