Spirits shipping to USA

Baccy

Not exactly sure when OR WHY all this went down, but it looks like sometime over the past month that big European spirits companies such as Master of Malt and The Whiskey Exchange have all but stopped shipping to the USA. MOM has completely halted all shipping to the states and TWE, as of now, only ships to a handful of states... sad day indeed:(

...Does anyone here have any insight as to why this has occurred? These companies are staying mum on the whole thing...

31 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Does Berry Brothers ship whiskey to USA?

Have no idea, but I'm still trying to figure out what happened... Was it some new law? I doubt it. My guess is that it's some entanglement with industry big shots(which sucks even more). I've seen people on the net saying that it has something to do with Anheuser-Busch, which wouldn't surprise me in the least.

If it is AB-InBev, all the more reason to never buy any of their products (including the micro-breweries they've been buying up).

They are the ones that bought Master of Malt. I have no idea why TWE would suddenly restrict shipments.

On 4/25/2018 at 2:48 PM, Baccy said:

Have no idea, but I'm still trying to figure out what happened... Was it some new law? I doubt it. My guess is that it's some entanglement with industry big shots(which sucks even more). I've seen people on the net saying that it has something to do with Anheuser-Busch, which wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Order something from Berry Brothers and see what happens.  

On 4/27/2018 at 3:18 PM, Silverstix said:

Does it really cost $47 to ship a bottle of rum to the US??? :confused: This is on TWE...

^ Probably correct though outrageous.  Cost of shipping is the reason I've never ordered anything from TWE or MOM.  

On 4/27/2018 at 3:18 PM, Silverstix said:

Does it really cost $47 to ship a bottle of rum to the US??? :confused: This is on TWE...

The trick is you need to buy a case (6 bottles). It smooths put the shipping cost per bottle (a little).

On 4/30/2018 at 9:02 PM, Ethernut said:

The trick is you need to buy a case (6 bottles). It smooths put the shipping cost per bottle (a little).

100% this. Whenever I used them 6 bottles appeared to be the sweet spot to avoid paying duty.

• Thanks 1

I’m really bummed TWE doesn’t ship to Minnesota anymore but my brother lives in Oregon so I’m not completely out of options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2018 at 2:53 PM, BrightonCorgi said:

Order something from Berry Brothers and see what happens.  

Guinea pig style??? No thanks, I'll just pick up what I need from from the ole package store, even if they do jack up their prices. Here's what it says on Berry Bros site with regard to shipping to USA, "Furthermore, we do not export Spirits to the USA" ...So I guess they only export wines to the states. 

11 hours ago, Baccy said:

Guinea pig style??? No thanks, I'll just pick up what I need from from the ole package store, even if they do jack up their prices. Here's what it says on Berry Bros site with regard to shipping to USA, "Furthermore, we do not export Spirits to the USA" ...So I guess they only export wines to the states. 

No reason to be guinea pig if BBR says they do not ship spirits to the US.