UFC

dicko

Thought I'd start a UFC thread as I'm there's a few fans amongst the cigar world.

For the rest of 2018 I'm looking forward to DC v Stipe (watching the TUF right now with a really good bunch of fighters), max holloway, tj v colby, and Aussie robert whittaker defending his middleweight crown.

I'm a huge Connor Mcgregor fan and would love to see him back in the Octagon with a proper fight. Seems unlikely for 2018 maybe a new years card or something.

What have you guys been enjoying, who do you like, what are you looking forward to?

Cheers

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Hey dicko, I'm a huge fan of the UFC!  My son got me hooked about 7 years ago.  I'm pretty sure Dos Anjos is fighting Covington.  RDA has really looked great after the move up in weight class.  

The fight I'm most looking forward to is Stevie Thompson v Darren Till.  What a crazy match that should be!

I'm also a big Conor fan.  I am hoping he and Khabib will get to fight.  That's an interesting contrast in styles.

• Like 1

Oh great call on wonderboy v till that will be a cracker. Till looked so good against cowboy but wonderboys karate style is something else.

I agree RDA looks better up a division been on a bit of a run too. I can't say i know much about covington just looks like a wrestler/brawler to me who talks smack haha.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone excited for Darren Till v Stephen Wonderboy Thompson at UFC liverpool?

Relative newcomer v established guy who has been in the title mix for a while. Muay thai v karate.

Should be an interesting fight and I think it could go either way but I'd be backing wonderboy's experience if i had to put $ on it.

The timing in the UK is not good for Perth, Australia. The normal vegas cards are acually pretty good because it is our Sunday morning so you can wake up have some coffee watching the fights but Till v Wonderboy will be about 1am for us.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Conor vs Khabib:

What an exciting fight!  So hard to predict.  But, if you put a gun to my head and ask me to pick a winner, it's Khabib.  I think Conor can and likely will catch Khabib and possibly even drop him once or twice.  The reason I am picking Khabib is I do not see Conor following him to the ground, allowing Khabib to recover.  I see that being the biggest factor in this fight.

I pick Khabib, round 3 either submission or TKO via ground and pound

• Thanks 1