Video Review - Romeo y Julieta Mille Fleurs

Ferrero

2 hours ago, fitzy said:

@El Presidente Hey boss how does that RyJ Mille Fleurs compare to the Partagas Mille Fleurs?

Totally different cigars with only a name in common. Recent production Party MFs are very strong and earthy--IMO the best of the small Partagas offerings right now (MF, Habaneros, Super Partagas, PCE, Aristocrats). I've always found the RyJ MF to be a bit mellow.

I've actually gone off of the RyJ MF lately and have found the Belvederes and Coronitas En Cedros to be better right now. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fitzy said:

@El Presidente Hey boss how does that RyJ Mille Fleurs compare to the Partagas Mille Fleurs?

I was going to ask the same question!

On 05/06/2018 at 6:39 AM, NSXCIGAR said:

Totally different cigars with only a name in common.

There was a Ramon allones Mille Fleur as well, which was one of the greatest Q/P ratio ever, with the Gispert Habanera No.2. Alas it was discontinued just before the transition to Hand Made which benefited to many cigars including the other Mille Fleur.

As for the name: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millefleur

And in France, a "Miel Mille Fleur" means a polyfloral honey.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mille+fleurs+miel&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:fr:official&channel=np&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiwufrC2vTaAhWGyaQKHQJGC_gQsAQIPg

I'd be curious to know how different marcas decided to have a cigar named Mille Fleur in their line…

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Smallclub said:

I'd be curious to know how different marcas decided to have a cigar named Mille Fleur in their line…

Not an uncommon phenomenon. I guess it was considered a marketable name back in the day. 

Lots of marcas shared names like Bonitas, Belvederes, Exquisitos, Demi Tasse, etc. Apparently even in the private days names of cigars were never trademarked which I find interesting. No reason they couldn't have been I suppose. 

These have been a sleeper hit for me, so much so that I made my own 50 cabs of them. Can’t remember what yr they are (will dig it up) but I was turned to these by a member in an off yr for short Churchill’s and never went back. 

• Like 1

BTW, I have a decent stock of both RyJ and Partagas MF. I'm curious how some age treats them, since I have a few fresh boxes and a few with 3-4 years on them.

When they're on special, I have to get a box, since it's such a great deal, and I just put them away.