Blind Tasting Cigar Number 2 Reveal

First Lady

Hello everyone

Looks like this cigar really confused you all :blink: since a fair few forgot to email me their guess 

Okay Cigar number 2 in the 2018 Blind tasting is ................................................

Ramon Allones Specially Select (box of 25) - MSU OCT 17

If you choose correctly please email Diana for your credit  

Until the next Cigar

Lisa

BLIND TASTING COMPETITION 2018 SPREADSHEET Cigar Number Two .pdf

No way was that a Robusto. Not even close. Yikes! ? If we're that handicapped this will absolutely be impossible. I measured that cigar against a RG measure and it was more like a 46 RG than a 50. To the naked eye that was visibly not a Robusto. Slightly box pressed too. 

I'm not salty... LOL 

Congrats to the 4 guys that guessed correctly. 

• Haha 1

The length on mine was spot on for a Robusto. This result is shocking to me none the less, as RASS was the first one I eliminated, because it tasted nothing like the box I have. Shows how much I know. Can’t wait for the third one.

Finally got one right.  I’ve been doing this comp for years and I think it’s only the 2nd time.  What’s that old saying about a blind squirrel...

I had been sitting on the fence about picking up a cab of these for the last few months.  This reveal has finally made that decision for me because that stick I got was bloody fantastic.

:lol: That was a very enjoyable smoke, but RASS was far from my mind, and I was pretty confident in my Bolivar guess.

It really was a robusto, with a significant box press. Wrapping a piece of thread around the cigar, then measuring the thread showed this to be the case.

RASS!! Wow. Wouldnt of thought

Mine was a robusto in shape/size. I saw some comments saying it wasn't and that threw me off track a bit. Initially I had it narrowed down to 3 robustos that can come in dress boxes with the RASS being one of those.

I can say though it didn't taste like any RASS I've smoked. Also the wrapper was very very light compared to the one's I've smoked.

2 minutes ago, Corylax18 said:

Mine was definitely a boxed pressed Robusto, no doubt about that. It didnt taste like any RASS I've ever smoked, but it did taste a heck of a lot like the current box of BRC's I've been smoking through. :shead:

Maybe those weren't really BRCs you've been smoking...

• Haha 1

I finally know what an underfilled cigar is like. I lined that cigar up against RASS, CORO, RyJ SC, and a Party D4. Length was close but RG was visually smaller than any robusto I had to compare it to. 

14 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Anyone pick 2 out of 2, Lise? Or are there a whole bunch tied 1 out of 2?

By my very unofficial count... There are 7 participants tied at 2. But you can't trust me cause I don't know how to tell a RASS from that Frankenstick we smoked. ??

My other unofficial count is 29 members tied at 1.

This is just starting to get good. Enjoy your #3 Cohiba Espléndidos. Oh, I wasn't supposed to say. Sorry. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wish I could go back and compare mine to a rass. I felt positive it was a hermosa #4. Especially since I feel like cigar #4 is a robusto, and cigar #2 was not the same length or rg.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I was stressing after missing #1, knowing it wasn’t going to get any easier, with the upcoming options appearing to have a larger list to choose from within the vitola. Win some, lose some, either way happy to get off the Schneid! 

• MoeFOH unpinned this topic