Ramon Allones Specially Selected 2015 June RAE

I just cracked open this new box of 25, which was obtained from our generous host.  Absolutely beautiful box from a long past 24:24.  This Marca is one of the oldest dating originally to 1837 and needs no introduction to Havana lovers.  It is supposedly one of the more full bodied blends that ages well.

The cut was traditional and the first smell yielded mild barn and grassy notes to my nose.  The cigar had just been removed from my humidor which registered 63% humidity and 66 F.

First third: Mild to full bodied with notes of roasted coffee and marzipan. The burn was excellent with a normal draw and a burn line that was perfectly even.

Second third: More full bodied with notes of graham cracker and some black licorice.  Burn consistent and producing no bitterness at all.

Final third: Copious amounts of smoke, smooth gray ash with consistent burn. Full body turned to mellow and mild, which was easy to retro-hale. One re-light was necessary, but no bitter was detected at all.  In fact, I'm using my Perfec-Draw to get the last inch of this fabulous vitola.

This cigar has yielded nice complexity, flavor, draw and burn over an almost one hour time span. Well worth the time to lay it down for @ 3 years.  Even the box is a piece of art in my opinion.  I'm glad I have ordered another Cabinet to age as these are almost sure to deliver incredible value and pleasure over the next year or more.

If you have some 15 Jun RAE feel free to wade into the water. I don't think you will be disappointed at all.

One last thing.  I wet my whistle with a Gosling's Rum Dark and Stormy cocktail during this review. It's no wonder that leaf lovers around the world return for these flavors.  

• Like 4