England and Australian Cricket Match Spot-fixing Allegations

ayepatz

I edited the topic title because there's another match between Australia and India where two Australian players are mentioned (but not named) for "spot-fixing". Similarly, the England-India match mentions three English players.

What is spot-fixing? It's a purposeful action undertaken by players to bat, bowl or field in a way that favours certain outcomes in a match. For example, it could be to score 10 runs in 5 overs, bowl a no-ball in the 3rd over of the innings etc.  The outcomes are limitless, what matters is that these players do these things for their financial benefit.

Joe Root says outrageous? I've got bad news...and watch this space. These players are 100% guilty. It was only yesterday in my mind that similar reactions were elicited for Hansie Cronje's crimes.

These two Australian players will be named, banned forever from Australian cricket, and they will make David Warner, Steve Smith and Cameron Bancroft look like Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy combined.

2 hours ago, JohnS said:

I edited the topic title because there's another match between Australia and India where two Australian players are mentioned (but not named) for "spot-fixing". Similarly, the England-India match mentions three English players.

What is spot-fixing? It's a purposeful action undertaken by players to bat, bowl or field in a way that favours certain outcomes in a match. For example, it could be to score 10 runs in 5 overs, bowl a no-ball in the 3rd over of the innings etc.  The outcomes are limitless, what matters is that these players do these things for their financial benefit.

Joe Root says outrageous? I've got bad news...and watch this space. These players are 100% guilty. It was only yesterday in my mind that similar reactions were elicited for Hansie Cronje's crimes.

These two Australian players will be named, banned forever from Australian cricket, and they will make David Warner, Steve Smith and Cameron Bancroft look like Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy combined.

john, will be interesting. if named, shamed and found guilty, no coming back. should be jailed. but a long way to go before someone is named and found guilty. the evidence will need to be strong. i'm not convinced we'll see it go that far.

1 hour ago, dimi68 said:

If was criminal that Joe Root elected to bat on a green Top

i didn't see the pitch so can't comment but gee, it needs to be a real green top - glory days perth stuff - before you send anyone in. plus, you want a top fast bowling attack. no disrespect to england's, and one time they probably had it in them, not sure that broad and anderson are that level these days. stokes is good but an allrounder, not a great opening quick. 

and not sure england has the spinners that assist in mopping up at the tail-end.

the old saying - you win the toss, 9 times out of 10 you bat. the tenth, you think about sending the opposition in and then bat anyway. 

3 hours ago, JohnS said:

Thanks mate. Yup, I agree with you. I would not be surprised if they’re on the take.

But, as @Ken Gargett says, any punishment will be a long time coming. ECB have already closed ranks.

Any professional athletes caught betting on their own games should be out of that game forever. No warnings, no exceptions.

Yes, I'm willing to concede that evidence may be insubstantial, in the other hand, previous reports like this one in the media have shown these accusations to have merit. For example, Cronje circa late-90's and Pakistan-England 2010.

I have an idea of at least one Australian player involved, but I again concede that the evidence is not all out there, at the moment. However, I'm sure there'll be more to come on this story.