Storage question about customs

JY0

Most of the custom rolls I bought in Cuba are wrapped in clingy plastic. After the refrigerate/freeze/refridgerate regimen should I remove the plastic wrap before they go in the humidor?

Thanks all.

Its up to you. Some people tightly wrap or even vacuum seal their boxes within the humidor to hold in the "essence" and slow down the aging process. Others (myself) dont do that at all. I have my customs split between the original plastic wrap, cracked open ziploc bags that I transported them home in and loose in my singles drawer. They're all in the same wineador so I'm not real anal about it. But, I agree with the above, make sure everything gets a nice, thorough freezing, thats not a process to rush.  

• Like 1

I leave them wrapped for the freeze process and then another 30 days in the humidor. At that point I unwrap and inspect them and then put them in the singles draw or if no room another box until I need them for the singles draw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got em in the Saran wrap from Conde de Villanueva also. I was afraid the clingyness would put alot of friction on the wrappers during travel but they were fine. Took em out of the wrap and stuck them in ziplock bags in a tupperware before freezing. No issues.