Blind Tasting Reviews Cigar Number 4 : FOH INT 2018 Blind Tasting Comp

Hello again everyone 

I hope everyone is enjoying the Competition ....Well well well didn't this cigar get you all  :lol:

This is the thread to place your thoughts about what you think the flavour profile is and how it smoked ...... PLEASE DO NOT DISCLOSE WHAT YOU THINK IT IS .. just email Lisa   [email protected]

Once we have everyone's responses we will reveal the cigar.

The final date for your result for Cigar Number 4 is Monday July 2nd   ( Australian Time  )  Note: I DO NOT take bribes LOL

Just to remind everyone of the rules 

The Rules 

First of all thanks to Di and Lisa. Keep in mind with some 100 + participants, communication and re-banding cigars (numbered 1-5) is a time consuming process.

There will be 
Five cigars picked by myself . These are Standard Production Cigars (No Regional, Edicion Limitada or Specialty Cigars). I will pick the cigars when in the warehouse this week.

1. Cigars (all 5 and bandless and are numbered 1-5 in order they are to be smoked) will be sent the week of the 6th of February. I will select cigars from same code and aroma/wrapper appearance as best I can.

2. . Cigars selected will be in current production.

Cigar 4 by the first Monday of July.  Each time I will post the results via spreadsheet on the forum 7 days after the close of date. 

To the winner (who can correctly select most cigars sent) A $500 Gift voucher (USD/AUD). In the event of a tie, prize is split.  Must be used within 90 Days of the end of the competition 

Also: A $25 credit for any cigar you pick right to be used on a box (or sampler) purchase over $125 (USD/AUD) from the carts or 24:24 stock. This must be used within 20 days of the winners of that round being announced (prior to the next round of winners being announced). This will keep the admin process nice and easy...says I ....who will have no part of the admin process

Happy Smoking 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I propose that everyone mans up and take their lickings. I'm pretty sure one of the forum rules is don't be a wanker.  We are talking about Cuba here right? The cigar being on the deleted list me

When I last played, in typical Scottish fashion, I was defeated 5-0. So I never got any discounts. But I did get the 5 cigars I paid for. And had a good bit of fun along the way. T

I’d like to give the FOH team a big thank you for their efforts in putting this together. I would not want to be the one wrapping nearly 100 little PC’s with those little white bands! I personally ha

1 hour ago, jackupster said:

I thought all the blind sticks were “regular production” ? So that includes discontinued vitolas? That makes them not in production. 

Yeah, i didn’t even let that into my figuring because it was d/c’d. 

• Thanks 1

By my very unofficial count...

We've got 1 contestant at 3/3 and there are 8 contestants tied at 2/3. 

Things are heating up. 

As a side note, I chose the Upmann PC and my logic was although it's "Cuba discontinued" I can still buy it right now. Just offering my logic, but I can see the other side of the argument. I'm still not over the Not-RASS #2 cigar. LoL It may take me a while to let that one go. 

Good luck the rest of the way guys.

• Like 1

Wish me luck. Tasting Blind Cigar No. 4 tonight! Pretty loose draw might I add.

20180611_212621.jpg

1528717619499321097225.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jackupster said:

I thought all the blind sticks were “regular production” ? So that includes discontinued vitolas? That makes them not in production. 

I apologise for any confusion on this one. 

Regular production to me meant available and non specialty.  At the time the Upmann Petit Corona was available on our carts.

I certainly did not mean to mislead anybody :o

• Like 2

Not sure I would have guessed H Upmann Petite Corona regardless it being current production or not. Anyway, it's fun to smoke these things blind and try to guess what they are based on experience.

Mine was big and bold in flavor. I also didn't get any of the upman shortbread I normally get. I guessed Bolivar, but my second pic was hupc. Maybe next year I'll get on right lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

It's an unfortunate mix up ( I would go so far as to say a mistake), that effectively puts me out of the running for the competition, but I don't for a second think that there was any intent to mislead.

I'm grateful for the community, and for a wonderful vendor. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, El Presidente said:

I apologise for any confusion on this one. 

Regular production to me meant available and non specialty.  At the time the Upmann Petit Corona was available on our carts.

I certainly did not mean to mislead anybody :o

Rob,

Thanks for your feedback, and for weighing in on this matter. 

With all due respect, I'd like to point you to the lead post by First Lady at the top of this thread. I believe your quoted statement may be referring to the following statement by First Lady; 

"These are Standard Production Cigars (No Regional, Edicion Limitada or Specialty Cigars)."  

Indeed, that statement specifically eliminates limited, specialty cigars. However, that is not the rule that misleads. The key rule that spawned the disturbance in question specifically is this one... 

"2. . Cigars selected will be in current production."

There is a big difference between standard production and current production, wouldn't you agree?

I don't think anyone believes there was malicious intent. I suspect this just simply slipped under your radar. But perhaps you can appreciate why I and some of the other competitors in this competition feel slighted by the inclusion of the HUPC. Having a cigar that is clearly not in CURRENT production is a direct violation of one of the central rules of the competition, and unfortunately this solecism has put me and several of the competitors out of the running completely. That is disappointing.

2 minutes ago, Projectal said:

I would suggest instead of calling it a HUPC, we call it a RGPC.:D

:rotfl:

I am sure you lads will come up with a fair solution. I will make the call tomorrow. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Projectal said:

I would suggest instead of calling it a HUPC, we call it a RGPC.:D

ha ha nah I think it should be called a RyJ Mille Fleurs. :P

Looking forward to smoking number 4 this weekend.

On 11/06/2018 at 1:12 PM, jackupster said:

When we picked the cigars the H Upmann Petite Corona was in stock :(

I'm not in the comp, but do follow it intently. This one's worthy of its own TV mini series...
Any road up, how about an honesty pass? Allow a score for anyone that called HUPC, but was put off by the fact that isn't current production and registered a different answer (with a note in the spreadsheet for reference).
No $25 voucher though.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Akela3rd said:

I'm not in the comp, but do follow it intently. This one's worthy of its own TV mini series...
Any road up, how about an honesty pass? Allow a score for anyone that called HUPC, but was put off by the fact that isn't current production and registered a different answer (with a note in the spreadsheet for reference).
No $25 voucher though.

That's a good idea. I trust a lot of people on this forum. So this proposal might be a good way ahead.