Aristocrat Humidors (buying a used one)

I’ve read what I can find online about these large humidors. I’ve been offered a beautiful used M Plus THC model for $3500 plus $150 to deliver it to me. I haven’t found anything about the secondary market and wanted opinions on whether this is a good deal. I’d really appreciate any thoughts/opinions concerning this particular model and/or pricing.

Much Thanks!!

531998428085a2e8b9565c41742142aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I left to go pick up this humidor thinking it would fit in my passenger seat.... photos of humidors require something for scale. So... after renting a uhaul, I got this beautiful box home. Love it!

How old is the unit? I’d consider that as well They are excellent cabinets, but if it’s more than a year or 2 old I’d buy a new one I’d also go BIGGER, they fill faster than you would e

Just hung up with Bob and gave him a deposit on a Majestic 42.  I don't  need temp control so that saved a few Shekels.   So 12 weeks Sept 18 but who is counting.....

The base M Plus THC model lists for $3200 plus shipping if you were to order it new. So you actually could save money ordering a brand new base model with humidity and temp control. I think shipping from the manufacturer is around $225.  Just a thought. 

The seller is not giving you much of a discount, unless the materials in this used model increased the original price  

• Like 2

The base M Plus THC model lists for $3200 plus shipping if you were to order it new. So you actually could save money ordering a brand new base model with humidity and temp control. I think shipping from the manufacturer is around $225.  Just a thought. 

The seller is not giving you much of a discount, unless the materials in this used model increased the original price  

What Cayman said. 

Not sure what all additional options this one has, but if I can get a new M Plus THC starting at $3200, I'd explore that option first. Sure the wait will be longer, but it'll be brand new. 

There are apparently a bunch of options that add to price. The base price is $3600 for this model, but point taken.

14af17c6c852d48b1b9105232a4cb9ac.jpg

What Cayman said. 
Not sure what all additional options this one has, but if I can get a new M Plus THC starting at $3200, I'd explore that option first. Sure the wait will be longer, but it'll be brand new. 

Not waiting is a HUGE bonus for my situation. I’ve bought FAR too many boxes and hate storing them in a combo of plastic boxes and 6 large box style humidors. I’m a very tiny bit OCD and having cigars stashed all around the house bothers me. It’s kinda stupid, but c’est la vive.

7 minutes ago, liquid360 said:

Not waiting is a HUGE bonus for my situation. I’ve bought FAR too many boxes and hate storing them in a combo of plastic boxes and 6 large box style humidors. I’m a very tiny bit OCD and having cigars stashed all around the house bothers me. It’s kinda stupid, but c’est la vive.

Then I'd say it all depends on how well taken care of it is. You don't have to question the quality of an Aristicrat, just the abuse it has or hasn't taken. 

• Like 1

You sound like me. I bought 2 wineadors, and now about to pick up a used Aristocrat. Just this month, I bought 33 boxes. And headed to Cuba in less than 2 weeks, so I've got to figure something out soon.

Yup exactly my situation... minus Cuba. This is what I’ve bought in just the last four weeks without giving any thought to storage. And I still have 6 more incoming. This doesn’t take into account all the NC I have. Stupid? Absolutely

7ff1d3968e23cbd8b0bbefb51005c288.jpg

Here’s the list..

Beveled glass instead of flat(standard)
Raised panel doors Instead of flat(standard)
3 pull out shelves, instead of fixed(standard)
DX base molding
Crown molding on top
Inlay top
2 extra fans
Comes with 1 pull out drawer (standard).

I'd still expect to pay a little less for a used one, personally. Used Items depreciate, even kickass heirloom quality humidors.

For what it's worth I just ordered an Aristocrat Commercial 4272 for under $2500 shipped. Was quoted 6-8 weeks turnaround time. It has sliding glass doors up top instead of cabinet doors but it saved a lot of money that way. The 4272 is 42" wide by 72" tall. 

3084F88A-D82A-41D7-9880-3A967C03CE09.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cayman17 said:

True this. Between the woods and upgrades I chose, my unit increased around 30% over base cost. Well worth it.

If the unit you're looking at meets your needs and you really love it I'd say worth the price. Plus, if well cared for, it should be nicely seasoned.

I always figured most people would want solid wood doors on a cabinet humidor to keep the interior dark (that is what I would do), but when people post pics of their aristocrats, they usually have glass doors. I guess I’m in the minority. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cayman17 said:

I always figured most people would want solid wood doors on a cabinet humidor to keep the interior dark (that is what I would do), but when people post pics of their aristocrats, they usually have glass doors. I guess I’m in the minority. 

Great point. I suspect many want to display what's inside that massive piece of furniture.

I'll go for solid doors on my next one!

• Like 2

I have the same one as in the original post and would gladly sell for FAR less. 
Anybody in Montreal looking for an Aristocrat? 

I’m guessing that shipping from Canada would be prohibitively expensive huh?

Assuming perfect condition, I would value a used Aristocrat at a 10-15% discount on new.  These are lifetime heirloom pieces, so buying used should not deter.  Adjust on damage.  At least this one is ready to go.  You order one and who knows the wait?  Is the style, wood, and finish to your liking?  Spec'd the way you want? 

I am not a fan of the AC units.  They are noisy, take up room, and power goes out you no longer have the AC.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, liquid360 said:

Shipped from Dallas to Edson , Alberta , Canada ... 500$us (in 2004 I think) .

derrek

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Assuming perfect condition, I would value a used Aristocrat at a 10-15% discount on new.  These are lifetime heirloom pieces, so buying used should not deter.  Adjust on damage.  At least this one is ready to go.  You order one and who knows the wait?  Is the style, wood, and finish to your liking?  Spec'd the way you want? 

I am not a fan of the AC units.  They are noisy, take up room, and power goes out you no longer have the AC.

I sort of agree with this-- -10- 15% for used, perfect condition IF it is exactly spec'ed the way you would order it.  If it's spec'd differently, I'd expect a seller to be willing to haggle closer to 30% off new price.  Waiting is worth it for something you only buy once. 

• Like 2

I picked one up with some slight damage for $500. The left door panel insert had warped a bit so it wasn't perfectly sealed anymore. I caulked it and put the trim back on and you can't tell anything happened from the inside or the outside.

Other than that the outside was basically mint condition. Anyway, just another bit of information for your search.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Derboesekoenig said:

The one I'm looking at is 10 years old and they want about 50% of the original price. I think that is more than fair. But we'll see how it goes when I go look at it

That's a good discount.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, liquid360 said:

Depends to where, but the thing weighs hundreds of pounds. Not something I am willing to ship. 

• Like 1