Flights from Toronto to Havana?

Anyone have any tips on finding just flights to Cuba at a decent price? All i ever seem to find is around 800 without layovers. I assume if I do a US layover its also going to be an issue with cigars?Id love to stay in a casa, but doesnt seem like a deal when I can get 7 days at a decent resort for 1100 or so all in

I could be wrong but if you connect through a US airport, you may have to declare your reason for visit.  Now I think that is BS because you are Canadian and have no travel restrictions to Cuba.  I think it may also be a requirement for any traveler on a US carrier to Cuba regardless of nationality to declare one of the accepted OFAC reasons for travel.  That would be the issue I would be concerned about.

As for bringing cigars back, you will be in transit so I don't think the duty free requirements would apply.  If you were staying in the US ( an overnight stay for the connecting flight), you would just declare like the rest of us.  100 cigars duty free.  Rum I cant remember.  Any duty applied to excess cigars would be small.  I think booze is a different story.

The OFAC web info regarding travel to Cuba may have more info but then again it may only addressing US prisoners....I mean citizens.  :lol3:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, luv2fly said:

I could be wrong but if you connect through a US airport, you may have to declare your reason for visit.  Now I think that is BS because you are Canadian and have no travel restrictions to Cuba.  I think it may also be a requirement for any traveler on a US carrier to Cuba regardless of nationality to declare one of the accepted OFAC reasons for travel.  That would be the issue I would be concerned about.

As for bringing cigars back, you will be in transit so I don't think the duty free requirements would apply.  If you were staying in the US ( an overnight stay for the connecting flight), you would just declare like the rest of us.  100 cigars duty free.  Rum I cant remember.  Any duty applied to excess cigars would be small.  I think booze is a different story.

The OFAC web info regarding travel to Cuba may have more info but then again it may only addressing US prisoners....I mean citizens.  :lol3:

Thanks! Ya thats why I was hoping maybe missing something.....would just as soon not have a hassle, and pay alot too boot.

When do you plan on leaving? I was looking at flights end of November / beginning of December out of Pearson to Havana for about $570 round trip nonstop with AC (Rouge). Depends on the dates.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2018 at 3:21 PM, BellevilleMXZ said:

Havent really decidedon a date.....do u find its cheaper booking a waysout?

Depends, I use google flights to start picking dates with cheap flights (non-stop) and if it's too expensive, I look further out.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2018 at 11:02 PM, Phillys said:

Depends, I use google flights to start picking dates with cheap flights (non-stop) and if it's too expensive, I look further out.

Thank you