Your Wife/Girlfriend/partner are away.

Get too stressed out about my options, try to do all of them, and end up feeling like I did too much and too little at the same time.

Example: What to drink?  Scotch, bourbon, then wine with dinner, followed by rum, regret and a hangover.  Rinse and repeat.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Daytime drinking. Cigars. Pizza or curry. Shame. Guilt chores.  

1. Change all the locks.  End of list. 

Eat everything I can’t possibly eat without getting “those” looks. It’s just not worth it . And spend time with guys I can’t spend time with cos “don’t you like spending time with me” is also not wor

My wife is actually going to be gone for 3 weeks for work at the end of this month. I plan on grilling as much as possible, having a few friends over for cigars and bourbon. And getting my fill of video games, since she gets cranky if I spend too much time on them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, Shunamaji said:

My wife is actually going to be gone for 3 weeks for work at the end of this month. I plan on grilling as much as possible, having a few friends over for cigars and bourbon. And getting my fill of video games, since she gets cranky if I spend too much time on them.

Good on ya mate ??

Ok I don't mean to offend but I just have to get this off my chest. The lack of balls here is astounding. :lol:

Anyway my list which would be my list regardless of the wife being here or not would be:

Some combination of hanging out with my buddy, smoking cigars, fishing, watching football(soccer), eating a big fat juicy steak, smoking more cigars, maybe go for a nice hike, smoke more cigars, play some video games, smoke more cigars. go hiking, smoke more cigars. 

The last thing on my mind is if my wife will complain that I didn't do some random chore. What chores? Am I 12 years old and have chores to do?

This actually happened to me for almost 5 days, she took our 16 month old to visit her parents.

I played 36 holes of golf the one day, a total of 84 holes while she was away.

Now you might be thinking "wait that isn't divisible by 9, that makes no sense"

Well when your wife and kids are gone, there's no good reason not to play an extra 2 or 3 holes if you feel like it...

• Like 2

Funny you posted this thread Prez as my wife and kids left yesterday to the cottage. I am a free man until Thursday!!
Let’s see... I come home from work and bbq while smoking a cigar, have a beer, put the baseball game on, eat dinner, sit out on the patio and have another cigar. Rinse, repeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The routine is established after 26 years of bliss. 

1: She makes me a big pan of lasagna before she leaves or she can't go. There is protein of various types on hand as well to balance the carbohydrate debauchery..

2: I select a bunch of my best cigars.

3: I take at least 24 hours by myself. Preferably 48 hours. Cigars, food, what ever I want to watch, read, or listen to. And when I wake up I don't have to speak until I want to.

4: A few friends stop over on day 2 or three. Food and cigars.

5: Last day see #3.

I'm always glad when she returns. 4 days is just about a perfect break fro each others's company.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, fitzy said:

The last thing on my mind is if my wife will complain that I didn't do some random chore. What chores? Am I 12 years old and have chores to do?

Either you’re not married, or you have the greatest marriage ever.

Kudos, either way! ?

• Like 2

Put a small poker game together with some close friends (cigars, steaks and quality liquid refreshments expected) enjoying basement bar room that never gets used ?. Sleep in and cleanup after the above mentioned evening :)   Fun topic!  

• Like 1

All three are away next week so........who knows what I will be up too.:ph34r::drool::jester:

Seriously, I have a too do list that must be completed when the "boss" is away.  Maybe a cigar or two if I have the energy at the end of the day.....:whip:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JohnS said:

This is the best piece of poetry in not just this decade,  but the 21st century thus far! This piece of writing makes Haiku redundant! Genius! :clap:

I tried to get hookers and drugs in there, but it just didn’t scan. ?

• Haha 3

Break out the paper plates and plastic forks, spoons, and knivies.  Also keep the carbos down and break out the steaks, shrimp and

any other foods high in proteins.  Wife leaving for 3 weeks soon so single here i go.  Only down side is European soccer does

not get started until mid  Aug.  when wife is back by a week.  A shame because I get the EPL (English League), La Liga (Spanish League),

Serie A (Italian League), Ligue 1 (French League), Bundesliga (German League) and also Mexico League and some South American leagues.

Yes even if the winters in New England are rough there is a wealth of good programing in the states for content.

Also sleep late, don't shave or shower that much (work excluded) try new drinks and stay in underwear as long as I can when in the house.

Have the mates over and smoke some of Rob's PSP's and Hq's while doing the barbe.  Some thought on the matter.

• Like 1

I make big purchases when my wife leaves town with the kids.  I don’t know why, but I guess with all the free time my mind wanders and I eventually find myself researching trucks, boats, RVs, and other expensive stuff.  

It’s a little inside joke now, and she’s not even shocked anymore when she comes home and there’s something new in the driveway.

• Haha 1

I wouldn't have to keep turning off lights that the wife leaves on when she leaves a room all the time

You are SO RIGHT - OMG. It drives me bonkers.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, joeypots said:

The routine is established after 26 years of bliss. 

1: She makes me a big pan of lasagna before she leaves or she can't go. There is protein of various types on hand as well to balance the carbohydrate debauchery..

2: I select a bunch of my best cigars.

3: I take at least 24 hours by myself. Preferably 48 hours. Cigars, food, what ever I want to watch, read, or listen to. And when I wake up I don't have to speak until I want to.

4: A few friends stop over on day 2 or three. Food and cigars.

5: Last day see #3.

I'm always glad when she returns. 4 days is just about a perfect break fro each others's company.

You're my idol!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, ayepatz said:

Either you’re not married, or you have the greatest marriage ever.

Kudos, either way! ?

ha ha been married over 20 years. I just didn't let my wife walk all over me when we got married. I've got a friend Mike that did and now he's wishing he never did. She treats him more like a child than her equal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Drink to excess with the guys, eat fattening foods, smoke as many cigars as I want, watch stuff she doesn’t like on tv like sports and sci-fi. It’s what I usually do anyways but at least this weekend I would be able to do it in peace and not have to hear about it.

The above post on a impromptu trip to Cuba is something I’ve researched multiple times when my wife leaves... One of these days I will pull the trigger!

• Like 2