Cohiba GR

Grh2018

22 hours ago, Grh2018 said:

Hey guys, ran across a local business owner who happens to be Cuban. He offered up some cigars, and I wanted to check on their legitimacy before pursuing. 

Attached is the best image I was able to pull.

980A1658-0FC1-4A22-81A0-2DC290EC585A.png

I have no idea.

I will say that this is not a great first post on the forum.  Introduce yourself in the intro section and let the group get to know you before you ask for assistance.  It is considered good form to do so.

Welcome and introduce yourself to the group and I bet you will get some help.

• 1 month later...

On-topic: One photo is usually not enough to give definite answers (especially on the cigars themselves due to flash/lighting e t c) but there are at least a couple things that suggest that these are not what they purport to be:

(1) The only Cohiba GR to have been released (the Cosecha GR 2003 Siglo VI, released 2009) did not have the new top band with gold/hologram bars on top and below the rest of the band).

(2) The box of these 2003 GRs does not have Cohiba printed in the lid (as the picture you attached has). The lid on genuine ones also have a plaque with the number (out of 5000). The hinges always have the golden Cohiba clasp on them, yours does not.

I would strongly advice against buying these. Just out of curiosity, how much was he asking?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...