After work smallies

Jbhunter223

Bet those are mighty tasty. So is it the last pic that’s a Largemouth? (I’m from Hawaii, that should explain my cluelessness)

@Islandboy  No worries!  This is the largemouth. The have different color patterns, and a larger mouth (who knew;)) bass are pretty good eating but I just catch amd release. 

7 hours ago, Jbhunter223 said:

C47CFAB8-911F-47E7-BE41-9DDCAE1EE1CC.jpeg

4 hours ago, Weaponiz'd1 said:

Those smallmouth are remarkably better looking fish than the FS large mouth.

For sure!  And they put up a much better fight too. 

Always fun to fish the smaller rivers.  Seems like a good one to float a kayak down.  Looks like you're using spinners.....that's always my favorite on a stream.

The lake I live on in Michigan has a good smallmouth population.  Jigs work best and this is my biggest to date- 21". 

And for the life of me, I cannot get this pic upright.  I've rotated and saved it numerous times only to have it post sideways.....sigh.

SilverLakeSmallmouth.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/1/2018 at 11:18 AM, 40 Palms said:

Always fun to fish the smaller rivers.  Seems like a good one to float a kayak down.  Looks like you're using spinners.....that's always my favorite on a stream.

The lake I live on in Michigan has a good smallmouth population.  Jigs work best and this is my biggest to date- 21". 

And for the life of me, I cannot get this pic upright.  I've rotated and saved it numerous times only to have it post sideways.....sigh.

SilverLakeSmallmouth.jpg

Awesome fish!  Lake and river smallies are totally different animals, but they all fight like hell!  

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 2/3/2022 at 2:45 PM, Ford2112 said:

My cousin calls them bronzebacks! They fight really good for their size.

They are no doubt my favorite fish and pound for pound fight like hell! I have been fortunate enough to have made 20 plus trips to remote Canadian Lakes in search of them. I also have a lake home in northern Wi and catching a 5lber in current on a pristine river is such a rush! River Bronze fight much harder than their lake cousins. Had enough of winter with ice snow and sub zero windchills!!

• Like 1