Sign in to follow this  
Jbhunter223

After work smallies

I have a customer that owns property along a small river 5min from my house that is full of smallmouth bass. He lets me park on his property and fish.  Since we’re finally slow at work I’ve been leaving early and fishing for a couple hours. Caught a nice largemouth too. All caught while wading. 

80D73C36-DC17-491E-8C55-9EEB96EAD5E7.jpeg

C47CFAB8-911F-47E7-BE41-9DDCAE1EE1CC.jpeg

2936DB3B-2146-4F5B-B8C0-E073E2D6C719.jpeg

F1FD5AEC-6A99-43ED-B07E-5C5C2085EB90.jpeg

• Like 4

Bet those are mighty tasty. So is it the last pic that’s a Largemouth? (I’m from Hawaii, that should explain my cluelessness)

@Islandboy  No worries!  This is the largemouth. The have different color patterns, and a larger mouth (who knew;)) bass are pretty good eating but I just catch amd release. 

7 hours ago, Jbhunter223 said:

C47CFAB8-911F-47E7-BE41-9DDCAE1EE1CC.jpeg

4 hours ago, Weaponiz'd1 said:

Those smallmouth are remarkably better looking fish than the FS large mouth.

For sure!  And they put up a much better fight too. 

4 hours ago, Jbhunter223 said:

For sure!  And they put up a much better fight too. 

Yep, almost the same as black crappie and white crappie.

The black crappie are prettier and fight harder, where as the white crappie are bigger and just a bland specimen.

Always fun to fish the smaller rivers.  Seems like a good one to float a kayak down.  Looks like you're using spinners.....that's always my favorite on a stream.

The lake I live on in Michigan has a good smallmouth population.  Jigs work best and this is my biggest to date- 21". 

And for the life of me, I cannot get this pic upright.  I've rotated and saved it numerous times only to have it post sideways.....sigh.

SilverLakeSmallmouth.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/1/2018 at 11:18 AM, 40 Palms said:

Always fun to fish the smaller rivers.  Seems like a good one to float a kayak down.  Looks like you're using spinners.....that's always my favorite on a stream.

The lake I live on in Michigan has a good smallmouth population.  Jigs work best and this is my biggest to date- 21". 

And for the life of me, I cannot get this pic upright.  I've rotated and saved it numerous times only to have it post sideways.....sigh.

SilverLakeSmallmouth.jpg

Awesome fish!  Lake and river smallies are totally different animals, but they all fight like hell!  

• Like 1

On 8/1/2018 at 11:18 AM, 40 Palms said:

SilverLakeSmallmouth.jpg

Great pic and nice fish

SilverLakeSmallmouth.thumb.jpg.758995533b2f08c5b4d098fc12dddc6e~2.jpg

• Thanks 1