Introduction from California

OldEasy

Hello FOH,

I just joined, though I have been a lurker for awhile, since my housemate joined and recommended the site. I've enjoyed the occasional cigar for some years (though largely NC cigars particularly Davidoff and Padron until the past 2). Around that time the aforementioned friend ended up coming into possession of a humidor full of aged (or at least old) Cohibas and Montecristos which he graciously and liberally shared. Really picked up the CC bug then, as well as started smoking multiple cigars a week for the first time.

I still enjoy certain NC cigars, but in terms of bang-for-the-buck value, I found my favorite NC cigars falling short and have moved increasingly towards mid-range CC's.

My pallette has not developed to the point where I can pick out the nuance I often see in reviews, but increasingly I find myself picking out a few of the main notes of each cigar if I take the time to smoke it slowly and retrohale at a few points in each section of it's length. This has certainly been one of the pleasures of smoking more and learning proper technique. I've smoked cigarettes for most of my life, so there have been some smoking reflexes that I've had to work to remedy, chief among them is smoking far too quickly and getting the cigar too hot.