Cuban newbie from Oregon.

Boxer1

Hello all. I’m so excited to have found this community. Last weekend i tried the partagas p2 and Monti 2 I picked up around last Christmas on a trip to BC. I was floored by the flavors. They were beautiful sticks but the burn and draw were horrible to say the least. 

The search for a way to find consistent Cubans brought me here. From what I’ve seen so far you really have to be on your toes to score on the 24/24 sales and my work schedule isn’t going to make it any easier. Anyways, I look forward to the hunt and expanding my cigar knowledge. 

Welcome! Yeah,  my initial exposures to Cuban cigars involved a lot of burn and construction problems, too. Some of that is just finding good quality boxes, and this is a good place for that. I also got better experiences by dropping the RH in my humidor to 65, and dry boxing before smoking. 

The 24:24s aren't that intimidating. Some of the rarer stuff is a bit of a crapshoot, but regular production frequently gives everyone a good chance. I suggest setting aside some time when they post. If you can take a break at work, do it. I'm usually on my evening commute when they go up, so on days I'm thinking of buying, I pull off the road ?

The only way for me to sneak away at work today was to say I needed to use the restroom. An outhouse that hadn't been pumped all week in the 95 degree heat. Kinda kicking my self for not snagging a box of the MC2s.