I think we all know that due to physiology, we can struggle to pick up some flavour profiles. 

Monday I have a member popping into the store who struggles to taste anything cocoa or creamy. It is not only cigars. Give him something savoury however and he can break down a squillion flavour characters. 

I have to put together  a 5 pack "Savoury" cigar sampler for him. 

Could you give me a hand in putting together your 5?   Less than 5 is fine as well. 

Many thanks :ok:

RASSC
BBF (totally agree with ayepatz)
HUHC
Dip 2
Partagas minuto/pc of some description.

To me, all of these offer savoury flavours (leather, smoke, salt, spices etc) but are also counterbalanced with cream. But more a steak sauce cream.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

RASCC

BBF

Connie A (personal fav)

SW or Lusi if you don't wanna double down on HU

RG Perlas 

My Perlas box is from 2013... They're deeelish.

Currently smoking a 2014 Lusi and if he can't pick off these flavors he should just give up. LOL

You might also suggest coconut water or something to cleanse the pallette. Might help reset and find new flavors.

Partagas seems to be full of this.

Super Partagas and Presidentes are less obvious choices that have savory even salty overtones.

I might be wrong, it's been a while, but I seem to remember quite a bit of savory spices and almost meat in the Choix Supreme. ( I could be misremembering)

Wow go figure - I get creamy sweet earth from BBF and from pretty much anything Upmann that I’ve smoked so far (which is why they are my favorite marca). Gotta love cigars - different flavors for different palates.

PSD4 is the obvious “savory” choice to me, RASS sometimes as well for me, and oddly enough I get it sometimes from JL2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. RASS

2. Bolivar Belicoso Fino

3. Por Larranaga PC

4. Saint Luis Rey Serie A

5. Cohiba Siglo IV 

*And that's my list of wonderful flavors Habanos*  :cigar::ok:

18 hours ago, Silverstix said:

Wow go figure - I get creamy sweet earth from BBF and from pretty much anything Upmann that I’ve smoked so far (which is why they are my favorite marca). Gotta love cigars - different flavors for different palates.

PSD4 is the obvious “savory” choice to me, RASS sometimes as well for me, and oddly enough I get it sometimes from JL2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I completely agree...I get a ton of sugary sweetness off bolivars. This list makes me think I have a harder time picking out savory flavors in cigars since I have a pretty easy time picking out sweetness, cream, fruit and nut flavors